The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Heard Shaw is recovering well & had a chance of playing yesterday, obviously wasn't up to it with the perfect situation arising with trippier going off! Hopefully he will be fit for saturday as he'd me my choice left back from the start.

I do think palmer deserves a chance to start though, not sure why its taken so long for him to get in the team
Any opposition seeing Shaw on the start sheet would set up to test him.
Match fit he certainly won’t be.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any opposition seeing Shaw on the start sheet would set up to test him.
Match fit he certainly won’t be.
Taking him was a nonsense, I'm a fan by the way and he is rightly England's left back. However, you don't test someone's fitness in a QF of a major tournament. All the training in the world doesn't get you match fit and that is not the place to try him out. If he does play, it is hanging him out to dry.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Heard Shaw is recovering well & had a chance of playing yesterday, obviously wasn't up to it with the perfect situation arising with trippier going off! Hopefully he will be fit for saturday as he'd me my choice left back from the start.

I do think palmer deserves a chance to start though, not sure why its taken so long for him to get in the team
Simple answer to that is Saka. He's been one of England's better players over the last two years and he plays the same position as Palmer.

Anyone who knows which way the opposition goal is and passes it in that direction!
I don't think Paul Gascoigne is fit these days so we're stuck with the fellers that are actually in the squad.

Swango1980

Visit site
Never commented on Scotland, not interested in them unless they play England.

Club level, fill your boots.

Too old and too much anti-English stuff over the years to care about other Nations.

As you say, it’s a forum and I’m well aware of the guidelines.👍🏻
So, you didn't comment on them when they played in this Euro's?

Swango1980

Visit site
So, it appears some England fans don't actually really blame Southgate.

Its the players fault. Imagine management was that easy. Just pick 11 players in their normal positions they play (although I'm not sure that was the case with TAA, or even with Foden), and if it doesn't go well, it is the players fault. They should know what to do. No wonder Southgate stayed on as England manager. £5 million a year just to pick a team of 11 players, and take no real responsibility on performance because the players should know what to do.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Serious question. If this was France or Netherlands might we have had a player revolt by now?

Good question… are we not seeing that already? Has he already lost the dressing room, and the players just aren’t bothered to ‘play’ for him? If it was a club side, I’d say he’s lost the dressing room.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Good question… are we not seeing that already? Has he already lost the dressing room, and the players just aren’t bothered to ‘play’ for him? If it was a club side, I’d say he’s lost the dressing room.

I can't quite decide. Those other dressing rooms would be openly demanding for the coach to be sacked and possibly refusing to play full stop. So they're still toeing the party line in public at least .

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site

It interesting , perhaps a group of young players who have clearly grown beyond what Southgate can offer them. Great when they were young and developing but now way beyond that.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Serious question. If this was France or Netherlands might we have had a player revolt by now?
Quite probably. That doesn't happen over here though, not in our nature.

Players in the UK tend to be lead by the manager, you only have to see that out on the pitch. Very little decision making seems to go on there, it is always driven by the manager barking orders.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Simple answer to that is Saka. He's been one of England's better players over the last two years and he plays the same position as Palmer.

I don't think Paul Gascoigne is fit these days so we're stuck with the fellers that are actually in the squad.
Saka hasn’t been anything special here though. Imo.
Palmer has created more in his small cameos.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So, it appears some England fans don't actually really blame Southgate.

Its the players fault. Imagine management was that easy. Just pick 11 players in their normal positions they play (although I'm not sure that was the case with TAA, or even with Foden), and if it doesn't go well, it is the players fault. They should know what to do. No wonder Southgate stayed on as England manager. £5 million a year just to pick a team of 11 players, and take no real responsibility on performance because the players should know what to do.
60/40 GS for me.
But the players should have spoken up by now if there not happy!