• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
ā€œBut the consistent challenge against Manchester City has largely been down to Klopp and no one elseā€

I believe Klopps Liverpool finished directly behind City on only 2 occasionsšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Most over hyped rivalry in the Prem era.
I actually wasn't trying to be anti Klopp but there is no way he is 2nd best in Europe. He absolutely can not be above a man who has won 4 x CL and six league titles in 5 different countries.

The debate for top 2 is Pep v Carlo, no one else is in the frame.

The list is all over the shop but this is the obvious one.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I actually wasn't trying to be anti Klopp but there is no way he is 2nd best in Europe. He absolutely can not be above a man who has won 4 x CL and six league titles in 5 different countries.

But Klopp did it on a shoestring budget šŸ˜‰

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
There's a 'EtH stay or go' poll running on a United fan channel.
Currently over 14,000 votes and is showing 91% want him to stay.

The fans like him and, as I said yesterday, I think that creates a problem for INEOS so early in their tenure.

Listening to the latest on Sky Sports today and the suggestion is that ten Hag will only be moved on IF there is a better alternative available.

Sorry, but that must surely rule Poch out. Won nothing in this country, and has hardly inspired at Chelsea this season. Ended up with the sack.

McKenna? Thatā€™s him ruled out as he has never managed in the Premier League.

Roberto de Zerbi? Very little managerial pedigree to suggest heā€™s an upgrade on ten Hag.

Of those available at the moment that only really leaves Tuchel. No thanks.

CountLippe

Visit site

Ancellotti is a weird one. Prior to Chelsea, he'd only won one League title. Not really done anything with a 'weak' team yet cleaned up at Madrid.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The fans like him and, as I said yesterday, I think that creates a problem for INEOS so early in their tenure.

Listening to the latest on Sky Sports today and the suggestion is that ten Hag will only be moved on IF there is a better alternative available.

Sorry, but that must surely rule Poch out. Won nothing in this country, and has hardly inspired at Chelsea this season. Ended up with the sack.

Roberto de Zerbi? Very little managerial pedigree to suggest heā€™s an upgrade on ten Hag.

Is a mega manager the right answer? Bear with me, itā€™s an off the cuff thought. If you put one of the best managers in the world with a squad that isnā€™t good enough to match his ambitions will he get frustrated and leave.

Maybe Ten Hag can stabilise things, giving time to find the best of the best for that final push.

Just a thoughtā€¦

Billysboots

Visit site
Is a mega manager the right answer? Bear with me, itā€™s an off the cuff thought. If you put one of the best managers in the world with a squad that isnā€™t good enough to match his ambitions will he get frustrated and leave.

Maybe Ten Hag can stabilise things, giving time to find the best of the best for that final push.

Just a thoughtā€¦

Might well not be the right answer, Bri. But it seems that it is the criteria which INEOS themselves are seeking to apply.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Itā€™s a tough between them - Ancelotti has won multiple trophies but I guess it depends on what club a manager is going into - Ancelotti a bit like Maureen and Pep going into clubs with lots of resources available to them - at teams with a little less resources then not so much ( Everton , Napoli )

But all subjective, Ancelotti will do better at a Real Madrid , Klopp would do better at a Atletico etc

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ancellotti is a weird one. Prior to Chelsea, he'd only won one League title. Not really done anything with a 'weak' team yet cleaned up at Madrid.
It's sometimes thrown at certain managers, could they win with poor teams, but he hasn't had to be in that position. Not really his fault. Clearly, had he stayed at Everton and not jumped across to those nobodies in Madrid šŸ¤­, we would be challenging City now instead of Arsenal.

Billysboots

Visit site
Itā€™s very much a 50/50 on good old Red Cafe at the moment which might be prob about right

Donā€™t think there is a right or wrong answer tbh

Certainly the atmosphere amongst match going fans wouldnā€™t suggest 50/50 - the support for him is much more solid than that.

Where you are bang on the money is when you say there is no right or wrong.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Certainly the atmosphere amongst match going fans wouldnā€™t suggest 50/50 - the support for him is much more solid than that.

Where you are bang on the money is when you say there is no right or wrong.

This stuff is true is very poor

Been lots of talk about managers being interviewed etc and the likes of Ratcliffe have had the chance to dismiss it but havenā€™t

Thatā€™s not great management and have to feel sympathy for ETH in that respect

PaulMdj

Visit site
Anybody watching the Bundesliga play-offs? 3 from bottom in Bundesliga playing 3rd from top in Bundesliga 2.

Bochum playing away at Fortuna Dusseldorf, Duss 3-0 up after first leg in Bochum.

Bochum just scored their third to bring the play off level.

15 minutes to go, really good game.

On Sky Sports.

Tashyboy

Please donā€™t ask to see my tatts šŸ‘
Visit site
Amazing how fickle plastic football fans can be.

Ignore evidence from 50+ games and then base it on a one off win :ROFLMAO:
Them fickle Utd fans hijacked our vote to name a stand in the Etihad stadium. We now have the ā€œ Bell endā€ coz of them. Supposed to be named after Nijinsky aka Colin Bell. Donā€™t trust those horrible lot one bit šŸ˜‰

4LEX

Visit site

You honestly think Man Utd can't attract a better manager than someone that guided you to your lowest ever league position, playing the most scattergun tactics whilst having numerous bust ups with players? This is on top of spending Ā£450m on largely rubbish? INEOS won't base it on a one off fluke game and if they do, you're in bigger trouble than first thought.

Poch has a lot to prove but it's clear to anyone that knows a thing about football he's a better manager. Has a consistent style, coaches his teams brilliantly and seldom falls out with anyone. He came into a crazy situation at Chelsea and finished above Utd. At Spurs he had his hands tied with transfers but still delivered amazing results.

Tuchel has won more but has a more abrasive nature yet is a much better manager all round.

Agree on Di Zerbi and McKenna. The former isn't all that and the latter needs a few more years to prove himself at this level.

The PL needs Man Utd to get their act together and start challenging for major trophies, not win the odd cup and be nowhere like they were in the 70's and 80's.

4LEX

Visit site
Them fickle Utd fans hijacked our vote to name a stand in the Etihad stadium. We now have the ā€œ Bell endā€ coz of them. Supposed to be named after Nijinsky aka Colin Bell. Donā€™t trust those horrible lot one bit šŸ˜‰

That was asking for trouble though, I think I even voted for that šŸ˜…