The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I don’t think there needs to be top managers waiting in the wings for the top Clubs, surely Clubs with the stature of Utd & Lpool should be able to entice any manager bar 1 or 2.

Apart from Real Madrid and Barca, surely any manager in the world would love LPool and Utd on their CV.

That’s the supposed top 50 right now

Most of the top guys are settled and wouldn’t be leaving their club

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It is strange how some fans react to how there club has fared over the season. And not just this season. I was shocked to see that City won the title. Four in a row making history along the way. Not bad for a club with no History. I am sure if that was Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea. The discussions about best ever team would be deafening. Me I am more than happy we have won it again. Yet to some City fans we have had a bad season coz we lost to Utd in a final. Seriously. Most of the unhappy fans are “ young uns”.
Again, Utd after a dreadful season. One win and the noise about now keeping TH has gone through the roof. How does that work out.
I don’t understand what is happening with the FA cup as a competition. It seems to be going the same way as the League cup. It seemed a distraction for some clubs, along the lines of an inconvenience. Yet it is a giant killing competition that fans love. Evening replays were brilliant nights out. And a massive financial bonus for the smaller clubs. Yet now we have replays banned because of the possibility of too much football for a few clubs including mine. Yet for some clubs and fans the final like yesterday gives fans bragging rights and winning teams enormous respect. The people that are running football ( FA and Premier League) have lost that connection that binds fans to football.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It is strange how some fans react to how there club has fared over the season. And not just this season. I was shocked to see that City won the title. Four in a row making history along the way. Not bad for a club with no History. I am sure if that was Arsenal, Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea. The discussions about best ever team would be deafening. Me I am more than happy we have won it again. Yet to some City fans we have had a bad season coz we lost to Utd in a final. Seriously. Most of the unhappy fans are “ young uns”.
Again, Utd after a dreadful season. One win and the noise about now keeping TH has gone through the roof. How does that work out.
I don’t understand what is happening with the FA cup as a competition. It seems to be going the same way as the League cup. It seemed a distraction for some clubs, along the lines of an inconvenience. Yet it is a giant killing competition that fans love. Evening replays were brilliant nights out. And a massive financial bonus for the smaller clubs. Yet now we have replays banned because of the possibility of too much football for a few clubs including mine. Yet for some clubs and fans the final like yesterday gives fans bragging rights and winning teams enormous respect. The people that are running football ( FA and Premier League) have lost that connection that binds fans to

I’m confident that you lot have plenty of titles to come over the coming seasons starting with the National League and working your way upwards 👀😂

PaulMdj

Visit site

I think some of those settled could be tempted by a RM, Barca, Lpool or Utd coming for them, very few are loyal to one Club at that level.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I don’t understand what is happening with the FA cup as a competition. It seems to be going the same way as the League cup. It seemed a distraction for some clubs, along the lines of an inconvenience. Yet it is a giant killing competition that fans love. Evening replays were brilliant nights out. And a massive financial bonus for the smaller clubs. Yet now we have replays banned because of the possibility of too much football for a few clubs including mine. Yet for some clubs and fans the final like yesterday gives fans bragging rights and winning teams enormous respect. The people that are running football ( FA and Premier League) have lost that connection that binds fans to football.
Can you explain the bit in bold? Genuinely confused as to why you’d say that. 😵‍💫

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

Suspect it’s something to do with 115 charges levelled against the club and most fans believing the club has financially cheated their way to winning their titles - suspect in the same way Lance Armstrong broke all those records

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Visit site
You seemed to look forward to the FA Cup when you could talk about winning a treble or a double. :)

You have a history, all clubs have history. Just one that isn't particularly impressive ;)
It’s very impressive. I support a club that have allegedly spent to much money. A club that cost £220 million and is now worth £4 billion. It could be worse though. We could have a club that has owners who have taken hundreds of millions out of the club 😉

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So Pep has more or less said he's off when his contact runs out at then end of next season. Since Klopp was criticised for announcing his departure half way through the season, when or if does the criticism of Pep start, along with the constant press coverage of his departure?

Tashyboy

Visit site
So Pep has more or less said he's off when his contact runs out at then end of next season. Since Klopp was criticised for announcing his departure half way through the season, when or if does the criticism of Pep start, along with the constant press coverage of his departure?
Not heard anything that he is going. The official line from the club is that “ pep has been given space to make his mind up re whether he wants to extend his contract or not”. Now he has extended his. O tract several times before, which is not bad because when he first arrived, we as City fans were universally informed he would not be there for longer than two years. So I will take nine years.
That aside. I am sure the press coverage will once more be pathetic. Reading social media. Mr Linekar and others were slated for there views on TH.
Re City, it won’t just be speculation on PEP. KDB, Ederson, Grealish, Silva and a few others will be mentioned.

Silly season re rumours for all clubs has started.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Why isn’t Vincent Kompany in that list?!? I mean, he’s amazing isn’t he?!

Worked absolute wonders at Burnley this season, played some lovely football and deservedly in the frame for the job at Bayern Munich, one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

That article is a joke!

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Why isn’t Vincent Kompany in that list?!? I mean, he’s amazing isn’t he?!

Worked absolute wonders at Burnley this season, played some lovely football and deservedly in the frame for the job at Bayern Munich, one of the biggest clubs in Europe.

That article is a joke!
Seems pretty solid to me , who have they got that’s wrong ?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Klopp is second in that list 😳. Ancelloti is third 🤪.

I could highlight others but for the above alone, that list is best ignored 😂
“But the consistent challenge against Manchester City has largely been down to Klopp and no one else”

I believe Klopps Liverpool finished directly behind City on only 2 occasions🤷‍♂️

Most over hyped rivalry in the Prem era.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a 'EtH stay or go' poll running on a United fan channel.
Currently over 14,000 votes and is showing 91% want him to stay.