The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Ashworth inadvertently cc’d in his old Newcastle email address so not sure United can take any responsibility for that one.
I was talking more about the fact that the covert approach came from someone who wasn't himself a Man U employee at the time it happened, and the fact that they still have not managed to resolve the ongoing issue of compensation to his current employers. Irrespective of Ashworths own personal faux pas, its been a shambolic effort all round.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was talking more about the fact that the covert approach came from someone who wasn't himself a Man U employee at the time it happened, and the fact that they still have not managed to resolve the ongoing issue of compensation to his current employers. Irrespective of Ashworths own personal faux pas, its been a shambolic effort all round.

Newcastle are just acting like children as what they did to Brighton in getting Ashworth is now happening to them. They want a ridiculous amount of money for him and on top want him to essentially go on gardening leave for the extent of his remaining contract. It happens at all levels across football and certainly not limited to United.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sean to do his magic.😬

There is a player there.

He had a rough start to his time with us with a hospital ball from zouma and led to him giving away a pen. Didn't really click after that

Couldn't just play him to get up to speed

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sean to do his magic.😬
Get him early, give him a full pre season, bit of Sean love 😍. He's a good player, he's taken a wrong turn. Sean is the sort of manager who can get him back to his best.

I'm guessing the aim is to get Philips on loan, sell Onana. I'd take that if it happens.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
There is a player there.

He had a rough start to his time with us with a hospital ball from zouma and led to him giving away a pen. Didn't really click after that

Couldn't just play him to get up to speed
Be better for him to go abroad for a year & get out of the spotlight imo.
Not sure a dogfight at Everton is going to do him any favours 😬

PaulMdj

Visit site
Get him early, give him a full pre season, bit of Sean love 😍. He's a good player, he's taken a wrong turn. Sean is the sort of manager who can get him back to his best.

I'm guessing the aim is to get Philips on loan, sell Onana. I'd take that if it happens.
I’d keep them both, we’ve released Gomes, Philips will do a job!

PaulMdj

Visit site
We might not have a choice. We need the pennies 😥
We can’t afford big signings, but will be OK, not sure we need to sell this summer as we have in the past.

A couple of smart loans is probably the way to go, Beto has gone back and we are talking to Leeds to keep Harrison.

Main news will be the takeover deadline on friday with 777.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We can’t afford big signings, but will be OK, not sure we need to sell this summer as we have in the past.

A couple of smart loans is probably the way to go, Beto has gone back and we are talking to Leeds to keep Harrison.

We've bought Beto, haven't we? He is ours now.

Thelwell has said it will be loans only this summer and we will have to sell still. Probably Branthwaite but maybe one other as well.

Friday can't come quickly enough 😬

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I read that is almost dead in the water, and Texter (part owner of Palace) was looking to take it on

PaulMdj

Visit site
We've bought Beto, haven't we? He is ours now.

Thelwell has said it will be loans only this summer and we will have to sell still. Probably Branthwaite but maybe one other as well.

Friday can't come quickly enough 😬
Apologies mate, Danjuma has returned to Villareal.

I think we’ll lose Branthwaite and 1 other, just living in cloud cuckoo land that we can keep players for at least 12 months.👍🏻

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Newcastle are just acting like children as what they did to Brighton in getting Ashworth is now happening to them. They want a ridiculous amount of money for him and on top want him to essentially go on gardening leave for the extent of his remaining contract. It happens at all levels across football and certainly not limited to United.
Completely different scenarios.

Newcastle approached Brighton, asked for permission to speak to Ashworth. Terms were agreed between the two parties. Newcastle and Brighton then discussed compensation. Newcastle paid the compensation and Ashworth spent several months on gardening leave before actually joining.

All Man U needed to do was make a proper approach, ask for permission to talk to Ashworth and negotiate the terms of his release....if they want him released earlier to take advantage of the summer transfer window they need to pay more compensation , if they pay less, then the gardening leave period will naturally be longer. I doubt very much whether Newcastle are holding on for £20m or that they want to pay Ashworth whilst he sits in his garden for the remainder of his contract. Its about striking a balance, just like they did with Brighton...however, Sir Jim appears to think that different rules apply to his club.

But no....none of that happened...the tapping up came from Omar Berrada who was a Man City employee at the time, supposedly on gardening leave, waiting to formally joining Man U.

Not only was Ashworth then stupid enough to blind copy an email expressing his desire to accept the chance of becoming Man U's sporting director, to his own NUFC e-mail account, the email also contained confidential details about the package paid by Newcastle when Ashworth left Brighton....information he no doubt shared with Berrada.

So Berrada is potentially in breach of his Man C contract or perhaps the terms of his gardening leave, and Ashworth is guilty of sharing commercially sensitive (to both Brighton and Newcastle) information, effectively with both Man U and Man City.

...and Newcastle are acting like children?

Swango1980

Visit site
I wasn’t talking about LPool fans tbh, plus I often visit other Club accounts as you get both the ridiculous and the sensible.👍🏻
I didn't realise opposition fans visit forums of other clubs, generally. I'd certainly have no interest in visiting an Arsenal, City or Liverpool fans forum.

However, if this is something that some fans do, then it probably explains why the vote for ETH to stay is down at around 50/50, because opposition fans are certainly not likely going to give him much credit :)

PaulMdj

Visit site
I didn't realise opposition fans visit forums of other clubs, generally. I'd certainly have no interest in visiting an Arsenal, City or Liverpool fans forum.

However, if this is something that some fans do, then it probably explains why the vote for ETH to stay is down at around 50/50, because opposition fans are certainly not likely going to give him much credit :)
Papers talking about Philips to Everton for example, search X for Philips, Everton will bring up Everton, City, West Ham & Leeds accounts, reading/flicking through them give very many different opinions.

Same if I googled Philips, Everton, links to allsorts of official, unofficial sites come up.

You don’t have to a member of said forums or comment or take part in votes or anything.

Simply getting views or opinions from many sources, there’s nothing sinister in it.

Swango1980

Visit site
Papers talking about Philips to Everton for example, search X for Philips, Everton will bring up Everton, City, West Ham & Leeds accounts, reading/flicking through them give very many different opinions.

Same if I googled Philips, Everton, links to allsorts of official, unofficial sites come up.

You don’t have to a member of said forums or comment or take part in votes or anything.

Simply getting views or opinions from many sources, there’s nothing sinister in it.
I wasn't suggesting there was anything sinister in it.

Simply that, I had earlier pointed out that there were actually a lot of Man Utd fans that wanted ETH to stay, whereas if you look at the opinion of opposition fans, they seem to almost entirely say that ETH is not good enough. It was at this point that the poll on Red Cafe was highlighted, to show the results were around 50/50. I presume the reason this was mentioned was Man Utd fans are evenly split. But, that conclusion can't be made if there are a load of opposition fans in the vote as well.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I wasn't suggesting there was anything sinister in it.

Simply that, I had earlier pointed out that there were actually a lot of Man Utd fans that wanted ETH to stay, whereas if you look at the opinion of opposition fans, they seem to almost entirely say that ETH is not good enough. It was at this point that the poll on Red Cafe was highlighted, to show the results were around 50/50. I presume the reason this was mentioned was Man Utd fans are evenly split. But, that conclusion can't be made if there are a load of opposition fans in the vote as well.
You’re original post didn’t mention voting.👍🏻