The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I wasn't suggesting there was anything sinister in it.

Simply that, I had earlier pointed out that there were actually a lot of Man Utd fans that wanted ETH to stay, whereas if you look at the opinion of opposition fans, they seem to almost entirely say that ETH is not good enough. It was at this point that the poll on Red Cafe was highlighted, to show the results were around 50/50. I presume the reason this was mentioned was Man Utd fans are evenly split. But, that conclusion can't be made if there are a load of opposition fans in the vote as well.

Red Cafe - it’s a forum that is open for all to read

To be able to vote or post then you must register an account - simple , same as most forums

The vote on Red Cafe is not being infiltrated by non Man Utd fans , it’s a forum vote and you only have to read the thread to see that it’s man Utd fans

It’s not different to RAWK or LFC Reds

Oppo fans read it etc but can’t post without registering

There are a few longstanding Mancs on LFC reds

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Red Cafe - it’s a forum that is open for all to read

To be able to vote or post then you must register an account - simple , same as most forums

The vote on Red Cafe is not being infiltrated by non Man Utd fans , it’s a forum vote and you only have to read the thread to see that it’s man Utd fans

It’s not different to RAWK or LFC Reds

Oppo fans read it etc but can’t post without registering

There are a few longstanding Mancs on LFC reds

I genuinely cannot think of any reason why I would want to register for and view or participate in a forum relating to a rival club.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I genuinely cannot think of any reason why I would want to register for and view or participate in a forum relating to a rival club.

Maybe not the same but on the Leicester Tigers rugby forum we have fans from other clubs drop in to discuss upcoming matches. They always introduce themselves first and it is often nice to discuss upcoming matches.

We also get fans from other clubs dropping in to ask for advice on bars and restaurants around the ground, parking, that sort of thing and we do likewise, especially when going to European matches. In fact when we are travelling to Europe it is no unheard of for small local clubs to put something on before the match and invite fans to use their bar. Had some great days doing that, fans build a great connection that their bars take a massive boost in profits. Everyone wins.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Maybe not the same but on the Leicester Tigers rugby forum we have fans from other clubs drop in to discuss upcoming matches. They always introduce themselves first and it is often nice to discuss upcoming matches.

We also get fans from other clubs dropping in to ask for advice on bars and restaurants around the ground, parking, that sort of thing and we do likewise, especially when going to European matches. In fact when we are travelling to Europe it is no unheard of for small local clubs to put something on before the match and invite fans to use their bar. Had some great days doing that, fans build a great connection that their bars take a massive boost in profits. Everyone wins.

Yeah I cant see that sort of discussion on a football clubs fans forum page :ROFLMAO:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

There's the difference in the fans (tribalism?!) of both sports. First time I ever watched Saints I was shocked how everyone was kind of lumped together. For a while I felt slightly concerned as to my safety! Then the banter started and the atmosphere was so different to anything I'd encountered at a football match.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's the difference in the fans (tribalism?!) of both sports. First time I ever watched Saints I was shocked how everyone was kind of lumped together. For a while I felt slightly concerned as to my safety! Then the banter started and the atmosphere was so different to anything I'd encountered at a football match.

I guess that there being no segregation can be a bit unnerving at first.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I wouldn’t want to be a mod on such a forum!!

It’s never too bad when it’s a small amount of numbers - the ones on LFC Reds have been there for 20 years and are pretty calm - helps that they are in the 50/60/

About 18 years ago just after BBC messages boards went mad a forum was created and it was full of Chelsea , Liverpool and Man Utd fans - and I was a mod

Now that got nasty and it was no surprised people broke off and we created a Liverpool one etc

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Absolutely love the atmosphere at rugby matches. Sitting in a stand with a pint, next to a fan wearing the opposition colours, and discussing a shared love of the sport without a single insult or punch being thrown.

Football could learn so much.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Absolutely love the atmosphere at rugby matches. Sitting in a stand with a pint, next to a fan wearing the opposition colours, and discussing a shared love of the sport without a single insult or punch being thrown.

It could but it won't. Since the 80's and hooliganism through all the divisions, it has become tribal. It will never recover from that and the days of many opposing fans going to the game together are long gone. I've experienced a lot of issues, ironically with some of the smaller clubs in the leagues when it was simply myself and three mates travelling to games by trains (he had the connections to get the best ticket deals back in the day). We'd clearly be a small group up to watcha game of football and yet for some reason we posed a massive threat.

PaulMdj

Visit site

Sorry Billy, but it really isn’t always a bed of roses at Rugby matches, me and my son were Season Ticket holders at Newcastle Falcons for many a year and on the whole it was good natured, I’ve witnessed plenty of punches being thrown between rival fans, but even worse was the fighting between themselves, 99% of it was alcohol involved.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry Billy, but it really isn’t always a bed of roses at Rugby matches, me and my son were Season Ticket holders at Newcastle Falcons for many a year and on the whole it was good natured, I’ve witnessed plenty of punches being thrown between rival fans, but even worse was the fighting between themselves, 99% of it was alcohol involved.

That is true, there are issues now and again. I think I have seen maybe half a dozen in 40 years of going to games and they are normally dealt with by the stewards, with a bit of fan self policing, pretty quickly

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Well here was me thinking that it was only in politics that someone could be so terrible and fail so spectacularly at their job, yet still walk straight into another important or better post.

Yet here is Vincent Kompany doing exactly that.

Baffling. Absolutely, mind-blowingly baffling. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Swango1980

Visit site

Well here was me thinking that it was only in politics that someone could be so terrible and fail so spectacularly at their job, yet still walk straight into another important or better post.

Yet here is Vincent Kompany doing exactly that.

Baffling. Absolutely, mind-blowingly baffling. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I was half thinking Bayern might wait until ETH gets sacked, and then get him in.

Kompany is a remarkable choice. Before any rumours circulated, I wonder where he was on the odds to become the new Bayern manager?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I was half thinking Bayern might wait until ETH gets sacked, and then get him in.

Kompany is a remarkable choice. Before any rumours circulated, I wonder where he was on the odds to become the new Bayern manager?
On the odds? Or on Bayern’s list they went further down and down on?

He will be successful at Bayern, it’s just a given that domestically they can’t have 2 awful seasons in a row. But that could be anyone. To shine he must win in Europe or win dominantly in Germany, all while playing beautifully as well.