The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
So apparently Poch is leaving Chelsea.
Dread to think who his replacement will be.

Damn. I’d heard it half an hour ago but my local pub is like a nuclear bunker for mobile signals, so I couldn’t break the news 😉

But this has been rumoured on Talk Sport all day long. A surprise, but not really a surprise. This is Chelsea, after all.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So apparently Poch is leaving Chelsea.
Dread to think who his replacement will be.
That club is a basket case. He's had 11 months, a mess of a squad, but got them working 2nd half of the season. Progress was clear to see. Bizarre.

Is this an opportunity for Utd? Get rid of ETH after the cup final, bring him in?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That club is a basket case. He's had 11 months, a mess of a squad, but got them working 2nd half of the season. Progress was clear to see. Bizarre.

Is this an opportunity for Utd? Get rid of ETH after the cup final, bring him in?

I’m so torn on Poch it’s unbelievable. Lovely guy, charismatic. But not a proven winner. I’m just not sure that getting rid of ETH and bringing in Poch isn’t a case of leaping from frying pan into fire.

Swango1980

Visit site
Wonder if Chelsea decided to break news today because they felt the news would be overshadowed by England squad announcement?

If so, must be devastated Rashford or Henderson weren't picked, as that removes a hell of a lot for the media to get worked up about

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
And maybe the wheels wouldn’t have fallen off🤷‍♂️

I’ve seen this a number of times in business. A manager often gives 3 months notice, 6 months occasionally. Some of their employees lose focus, feel a bit insecure over the change or even look to move on themselves. It’s bad practice to announce leaving too soon, especially in the middle of a busy trading period - season in this instance. Typically, a business will employ a specific Change Manager to manage the process.

Personally, I think Liverpool made a big error in announcing his departure when they did.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I’ve seen this a number of times in business. A manager often gives 3 months notice, 6 months occasionally. Some of their employees lose focus, feel a bit insecure over the change or even look to move on themselves. It’s bad practice to announce leaving too soon, especially in the middle of a busy trading period - season in this instance. Typically, a business will employ a specific Change Manager to manage the process.

Personally, I think Liverpool made a big error in announcing his departure when they did.
Not really sure what you’d gain from make the announcement so early tbh.
It just made the rest of the season all about him.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

It’s a tough one to judge - he made his mind up and told the club and players and it was going to get out into the public domain so it was decided they would own it as opposed to letting the jungle rumours go on

But they announced it in November and then went on a great run until the last 4 weeks of the season , if the announcement had that much affect they why did it all wait 4 months before the loss of form which also came about when a few key players suffered injury

The announcement early gave the club lots of time to sort out everything above , there was no pressure on the players ( they weren’t expected to challenge anyway )

For me the announcement had very little to do with the club loss of form towards the end of the season

Pin-seeker

Visit site
As for Chelsea.
Just looked at the betting.
Zerbi is favourite
2nd Mckenna
3rd Amorim

Jose is 12/1 😂

With that list & Liverpool just appointing a manager that no one as actually heard of it shows what’s actually available 🤯