The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know you don’t like it, but, as explained, the keeper thought it was a free kick, he obviously didn’t see Taylor signal to play the advantage, he threw it down believing it was a free kick and Taylor put him straight. ie, In the spirit of the game.
So if a player thinks he’s been fouled he can just use the “ spirit “ to get him out of a cock up of his own making.

PaulMdj

Visit site
So if a player thinks he’s been fouled he can just use the “ spirit “ to get him out of a cock up of his own making.
He had been fouled, but instead of getting a Free Kick Taylor played advantage to West Ham as the keeper had possession.

Just imagine if the keeper had then ran to the edge of the box and set up a West Ham attack that led to a goal! You’d be going mad asking why he played an advantage.

The mistake was the keeper putting the ball down for an “incorrect” free kick, it should of rolled the ball or kicked it to a team mate.

Taylor sorted the situation out.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He had been fouled, but instead of getting a Free Kick Taylor played advantage to West Ham as the keeper had possession.

Just imagine if the keeper had then ran to the edge of the box and set up a West Ham attack that led to a goal! You’d be going mad asking why he played an advantage.

The mistake was the keeper putting the ball down for an “incorrect” free kick, it should of rolled the ball or kicked it to a team mate.

Taylor sorted the situation out.
Why would I be mad if the keeper set up a counter attack?

He played advantage and the keeper gave the ball to Gakpo instead of setting up a counter.
Keepers at fault.
But ref should have made sure he saw his signals not run to the halfway line telling him to get up several times.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Why would I be mad if the keeper set up a counter attack?

He played advantage and the keeper gave the ball to Gakpo instead of setting up a counter.
Keepers at fault.
But ref should have made sure he saw his signals not run to the halfway line telling him to get up several times.
Now you’re making it up! 3 players in a huddle, one of them on the floor, how do you know Taylor was telling Areola to get up and not all 3 get on with it!

So in one breath your saying the Ref should of made sure Areola saw his signals despite turning his ankle and being on the floor of a crowded box and in the next your sure the Ref signals he was only talking to Areola. So supporting the Ref in one thing and not in the other.

I give up, nothing is going to change your mind, I’m out of this particular discussion.

You admit the keepers made a mistake and Taylor fixed it!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Now you’re making it up! 3 players in a huddle, one of them on the floor, how do you know Taylor was telling Areola to get up and not all 3 get on with it!

So in one breath your saying the Ref should of made sure Areola saw his signals despite turning his ankle and being on the floor of a crowded box and in the next your sure the Ref signals he was only talking to Areola. So supporting the Ref in one thing and not in the other.

I give up, nothing is going to change your mind, I’m out of this particular discussion.
Making what up ?
Your making your own things up.!,

He gestured to him to get up several times as he backpedaled to the halfway line.
I never said he was talking to him, how could he he was on the halfway line before the keeper got off the floor.
I wouldn’t support Taylor if he played CF for Liverpool. 😳

Why should Taylor fix a mistake by the goalkeeper?

I give up as nothing is going to change your mind .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

The panel that review decisions has agreed that Forest should have had one penalty against Everton. Not 3, 1. No surprise, it is the one where Young caught the back of Hudson-Odoi.

No doubt, the conspiracy theorists will still have problems with this but they give a good explanation of why the decisions were criticised, or not.

Swango1980

Visit site

The panel that review decisions has agreed that Forest should have had one penalty against Everton. Not 3, 1. No surprise, it is the one where Young caught the back of Hudson-Odoi.

No doubt, the conspiracy theorists will still have problems with this but they give a good explanation of why the decisions were criticised, or not.
I think most people, except many associated with Forest, think the same. Or at least, the first 2 were more subjective.

It is like when Arsenal played Newcastle earlier in season. They complained about several issues, like the ball going out of play, the push on the Arsenal defender, etc. Keown went on for months about the various incidents that should have prevented Newcastle's goal, and was blinded to the fact there was a counter argument for all of them.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Almost everyone who wasn't a Forest fan said the same didn't they? Last incident being the only penalty.

samthom99

Visit site

Had they been given the 1 that has been agreed at that precise time, 1-0 to Everton, it would've gave Forest a chance to get back into the game they dominated for large parts.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had they been given the 1 that has been agreed at that precise time, 1-0 to Everton, it would've gave Forest a chance to get back into the game they dominated for large parts.
Yes it would, but it didn't happen. Same as happened to other teams, us included, at different points in the season. It's a sporting incident, grumble and then move on. It has happened in every sport, where a referee or umpire is used, since sport began.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, nearly every incorrect decision ever made / not made COULD have an influence in the outcome of the game that followed.

But, it is all What Ifs.

samthom99

Visit site
Yes it would, but it didn't happen. Same as happened to other teams, us included, at different points in the season. It's a sporting incident, grumble and then move on. It has happened in every sport, where a referee or umpire is used, since sport began.
You are right, it has. This was pre VAR mind.

samthom99

Visit site
Yes, nearly every incorrect decision ever made / not made COULD have an influence in the outcome of the game that followed.

But, it is all What Ifs.
Again without VAR it was accepted as part of sport. Now we have millions of pounds worth of technology there is no excuse.

Going back to the 3rd penalty shout in that particular game, Ref Taylor made a signal that Young won the ball, when the replay showed it was blatantly obvious he never.