The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The PL have announced there will be a spending cap for season 25/26. The cap being based on the tv income of the lowest paid team. What this means in English, no idea at all. Interesting to see how it unfolds.

Edit: it is being passed onto the next stage for further discussions. Not there yet.

Last edited:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pelted it down in Nottingham for 12 hours before kick off. But yeah, we made sure we closed that retractable stadium roof that The City Ground is so famous for!:rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

If it hadn't rained there would have been no reason for them to water it if a dry pitch would be to their advantage.
It's their pitch, they, in my opinion, should take advantage of playing at home any way they can.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's their pitch, they, in my opinion, should take advantage of playing at home any way they can.
Agreed. That might mean leaving the grass a little longer, not watering the pitch.

City can pass anyone off a pitch. If you can stop this from happening, or reduce its effectiveness, then why wouldn't you? It's a leveller.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Absolutely zero chance of any officiating howlers happening in this game then! 🤣🤣🤣

As someone said in the comments: What's the German for "I've dropped a massive clanger, can you go down and pretend to be injured?" 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_7485.jpeg
    IMG_7485.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 7

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The PL have announced there will be a spending cap for season 25/26. The cap being based on the tv income of the lowest paid team. What this means in English, no idea at all. Interesting to see how it unfolds.

Edit: it is being passed onto the next stage for further discussions. Not there yet.

Lolz. The Protected Six will never let anything like this happen. More chance of pigs flying.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Heard rumours starting to circulate reported on TalkSport and elsewhere today that Ajax are paving the way for Erik ten Hag to return to the club.

Wonder if he’ll take a player or two with him.

Swango1980

Visit site
Heard rumours starting to circulate reported on TalkSport and elsewhere today that Ajax are paving the way for Erik ten Hag to return to the club.

Wonder if he’ll take a player or two with him.
Well, considering the media have already sacked him, I wouldn't be surprised if Ajax wanted him back. Given their position now, and the fact he was very well regarded before joining Utd

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Telegraph are apparently reporting that all bar 3 of the squad are available and they will listen to any offers. Only Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund are not up for sale

There are others I would keep. Onana, Dalot, Shaw, Martinez, Fernandes are top of the list of those who I think are good enough. But if the club receive sensible offers for any others then they should certainly consider them.

There are decent players there but they are hampered by a complete lack of structure and identity. When watching the extended highlights of the Burnley game I was absolutely staggered, for example, at just how high both full backs are allowed to play, given the lack of pace running through the defensive spine of the side. That surely has to be a managerial or coaching decision, hence me losing faith in ETH, and it is a baffling one which is just one of the factors contributing to the chaos.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Just seen an article saying the clubs are backing it. Sounds a bit like tying one hand behind your back when competing to buy players against foreign clubs without a cap.

4LEX

Visit site

Basically means spending will be capped at roughly £500m for year. Still big enough for the top clubs to flex their muscle so not exactly sure what's the point. It would only really have stopped Chelsea going on a massive spree last summer.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting one in the Gakpo one with the keeper.

Ref can stop the game in the” spirit of fair play” is this correct. Never heard that before!

If so how come they never did that in the Spurs / Liverpool game when Diaz scored and they realised they had made a massive cock up.?
They said “ can’t stop the game”