The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t care who it was against or for to be honest, people are looking to crucify officials at every chance, yes that was confusing yesterday, but no mention of the decisions he got right or highlighting mistakes from the players.
Also the referee has every right to change his mind if he suddenly realises a player is injured…that’s his job.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Odegaard is consistently Arsenal's best player, runs midfield with ease. Yet every time Arsenal are under pressure Arteta hooks him for an inferior player.

Did the same when they needed more attacking flair against Bayern. It's going to bite him in the proverbial here too by the looks of it.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Referee’s have been slagged off and moaned about since Football began, no change there.

I (and I think plenty of others) am of the belief that the standards have been much worse this season compared to previously.

I know you disagree though. Which is all cool. 👍

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Probably have taken only being 1-0 down at half time before the game! 🤣 We’ve had our chances. Got to take them against a side like City.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Probably have taken only being 1-0 down at half time before the game! 🤣 We’ve had our chances. Got to take them against a side like City.
You are getting the Newcastle Chris Wood today, not the one of recent weeks. Not the match for you to miss chances but at least you are creating them. You could definitely grab a point here.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Surprising to see Nottingham Forest where they are in the league going by this performance.
Playing very well without that bit of magic in the final third.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I (and I think plenty of others) am of the belief that the standards have been much worse this season compared to previously.

I know you disagree though. Which is all cool. 👍
Obviously this thread is (hopefully) just our opinions, but facts do show that VAR gets more right than wrong, but it’s far from perfect.
How often on here do we discuss the parts of the 90 minutes?

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Obviously this thread is (hopefully) just our opinions, but facts do show that VAR gets more right than wrong, but it’s far from perfect.
How often on here do we discuss the parts of the 90 minutes?

I wasn’t only talking about VAR. Just officiating in general.

Look bud, really happy just to agree to disagree with you on this. 👍

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I watched some footie from India earlier today. Seriously funny stuff, up to a point. Now if you want to see what bad reffing is really like.

Not for the purists but oh so funny.