The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Was a bit crazy. I initially thought a foul would be given. But, ref was looking right at it, and played on.

VAR obviously thought he made a big mistake, I'm not so sure. But, when ref was called to screen, what did he see that he didn't see the first time?

Decisions like that are when referees should look at the monitor, grow a backbone and stick with their on-field decision. Very, very harsh. That’s not a free kick anywhere else on the pitch.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was a foul. The ref signalled it and waved to carry on but the keeper was hurt so needed treatment. 🤷‍♂️
That’s not a foul. Gakpo didn’t touch him he just landed badly.
No he didn’t signal it so he didn’t think it was a foul.
He clearly told the keeper to get up off the floor several times and ran away to the halfway line.
He only blew the whistle when Gakpo was going to score.
He then ran back and made the keeper go down to get the phisio on who wasn’t even ready.

Gakpo should have put the ball in the net then made the ref explain his actions.
But knowing Taylor probably would have booked Gakpo.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
He clearly told the keeper to get up off the floor several times and ran away to the halfway line.
He then ran back and made the keeper go down to get the phisio on who wasn’t even ready.

Gakpo should have put the ball in the net then made the ref explain his actions.
No doubt when you insist on the VAR transcript being released it will make sense 😁

Swango1980

Visit site

When the ref blew his whistle, and started running at keeper, I suspect he might have realised "Ohhh dear, I've made a mistake stopping play here". Once he got to keeper, I think he then somehow persuaded the keeper (or himself) to get physio on, claim an injury and save referees bacon. The keeper looked confused, as did physios.

When he put ball to ground, there was nothing that made it look like keeper was injured. He just rolled it on ground as if a free kick had to be taken, then started to pull up his socks before kicking it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No doubt when you insist on the VAR transcript being released it will make sense 😁
I don’t need VAR.
If that’s classed as a foul the game is finished.!

It was just very poor from Taylor.
He realised he had made a error and blew the whistle just as Gakpo was about to kick it, you could see Gakpos reaction.

If Gakpo had put the ball in the net it would then involve VAR that would have been interesting!

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Another Saturday of Premier League football and the main talking points are poor refereeing performances, rather than actual football.

Best league in the world. 👍

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don’t need VAR.

He realised he had made a error and blew the whistle just as Gakpo was about to kick it, you could see Gakpos reaction.

If Gakpo had put the ball in the net it would then involve VAR that would have been interesting!
And he should have done, instead of being so nice.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t need VAR.

Think you can say the game is finished…

Tbh when I saw it live I thought wth is the keeper doing???

Only after I read the Ref had signalled a foul.

Anyway it was the low point of a very poor refereeing display (which seemed to favour Liverpool all afternoon)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another Saturday of Premier League football and the main talking points are poor refereeing performances, rather than actual football.

Best league in the world. 👍
Ironic that earlier in the season Liverpool fans who complained about referees were met with violin emojis etc.

Now it’s affecting a lot more clubs .
We told you so.😂😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think you can say the game is finished…

Tbh when I saw it live I thought wth is the keeper doing???

Only after I read the Ref had signalled a foul.

Anyway it was the low point of a very poor refereeing display (which seemed to favour Liverpool all afternoon)
I would love to hear the Keepers account of it.

As long as he’s under oath.😉

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not a single premier league keeper would do that unless the ref has told them it's a free kick
He didn’t blow the whistle.
Never went near him.
Just waived at him several times to get up.
Keeper might have thought he gave a free kick but I can’t see anywhere that he did.