The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site
Disgusting and I agree that this has no place in society.
Whilst it’s clear what the connotation is, and purely playing devils advocate, he and his solicitor could turn around and say it represents something else.
He could argue and state “it was in reference to the year 1997 and how fantastic this time was in the music and party scene. Not enough referring to “should have done more in this year”
As it’s open to interpretation and does not specifically state “Hillsborough”, I could see this as a loophole argued by his solicitor.
As I say, purely devil’s advocate, however it could be a possibility.
Thoughts fellow forum friends….
Devil's advocate you say??

If i gave you my honest thought my fellow forum friend, i would be blackballed quicker than foxholer Vll.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Every club has its wombats.... some bigger than others.

Folk chant offensive stuff in a mob mentality after too much ale.

But this guy has gone out and bought the shirt, got it printed and gone out in public wearing it.

All possible reasons for what he was thinking are troubling.
And he breeds ☹️

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Disgusting and I agree that this has no place in society.
Whilst it’s clear what the connotation is, and purely playing devils advocate, he and his solicitor could turn around and say it represents something else.
He could argue and state “it was in reference to the year 1997 and how fantastic this time was in the music and party scene. Not enough referring to “should have done more in this year”
As it’s open to interpretation and does not specifically state “Hillsborough”, I could see this as a loophole argued by his solicitor.
As I say, purely devil’s advocate, however it could be a possibility.
Thoughts fellow forum friends….
His barrister could try it but the prosecution would simply bring forward a succession of expert football witnesses who would point out the very clear meaning to this that anyone in the game would understand, particularly bearing in mind the history between the two clubs. That particular defence would fall apart in minutes.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Think I’ve seen Villa linked with about 100 players within 7 days of the season ending.

Be nice to get business done early but I do kinda love transfer season 😂

Swango1980

Visit site
I played an Open today in Nottinghamshire, and we were told Tom Huddlestone was playing.

Out of interest, I looked him up on Wiki to see when he retired and who he last played for. I was shocked to find out he is still registered as a player, for Manchester United, since 2022.

Imagine he came off the bench in the FA Cup final. That would have been funny.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I played an Open today in Nottinghamshire, and we were told Tom Huddlestone was playing.

Out of interest, I looked him up on Wiki to see when he retired and who he last played for. I was shocked to find out he is still registered as a player, for Manchester United, since 2022.

Imagine he came off the bench in the FA Cup final. That would have been funny.
On 2 August 2022, Huddlestone signed for Manchester United, to act as a player-coach for its under-21 team. He replaced Paul McShane who retired from playing at the end of the 2021–22 season.[41]

Looks like he is planning for retirement

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a player he was technically gifted, good with both feet, fantastic passing ability and great control.
For his size he should’ve put himself about a bit and flatten players, disappointingly that wasn’t part of his nature
Yeah, I loved Huddlestone, built like a brick :poop:house but played like Pirlo! I still think he struck a ball purer than anyone I've ever seen. When he struck a shot on his laces nobody was stopping it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Looks like the first midfield signing has been done

Great business if under 60m Euros to be honest. Especially in todays market.

Proven prem player too, not a foreign import who may take time to adapt to our league.

Obviously will need to adapt to Klopps system but with how Brighton play I don't think he's far off the fitness levels needed etc.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can't stand this time of year with all the 'news' and rumours flying around about who is moving to where, etc. Some players are rumoured to be moving to numerous clubs and don't move, others are definitely staying and end up moving. They should have a transfer news window similar to the transfer window when they can only report potential moves for a week or 2, without us having to put up with all the stories for the whole summer.