The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Difficult to disagree

I do disagree. I think Rashford is a great footballer but he’s just way overhyped as a young English talent - same as all of them. He also plays for the biggest club in the country/ top 5 in the world and therefore his name grew faster than his talent. He’s not had a good developmental manager for a large majority of his career either - one who actually improves players.

He’s not a 20 goal a season striker, certainly wouldn’t trust him to be a saviour for the club in the long term or one to build around as a focal point. He’s a good and very skilled winger who can get 10+ goals every season. Still very valuable in the premier league but he’s not and never has been in the “world class” category. He’s paid world class money though 😂

I think you’d get more out of him with other players who actually offered a threat too. But your attacking options are pretty poor IMO. (For a club like United)

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
MOTD...I could watch the opening 13 seconds time and time again. Not quite Agueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeero but pretty damned close :love:

Swango1980

Visit site
What is next for Eden Hazard?

All I can say is that Man Utd got bargain in Maguire compared to Madrid's signing of Hazard.

It would be interesting if you could make a team of big signing failed players. Nominations:

Maguire
Hazard
Lingard
Coutinho
Pepe
Carroll
Most of players Chelsea signed this year

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
A fabulous strike that was only ever going in but if i was a ManU fan i'd be livid at the half hearted attempt from Lindelof. He has got to do better at heading the ball. Win the ball and go through the attacker.

Exactly what my lad said.

I’m not a huge Lindelöf fan, but he’s done a half decent job since he came in for Martinez. How he plays depends largely on who is alongside him.

My criticism of him has always centred upon how easy he is to bully off the ball. A little too lightweight perhaps to be a top Premier League centre half.

That issue was really highlighted by that first goal.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Disgusting and I agree that this has no place in society.
Whilst it’s clear what the connotation is, and purely playing devils advocate, he and his solicitor could turn around and say it represents something else.
He could argue and state “it was in reference to the year 1997 and how fantastic this time was in the music and party scene. Not enough referring to “should have done more in this year”
As it’s open to interpretation and does not specifically state “Hillsborough”, I could see this as a loophole argued by his solicitor.
As I say, purely devil’s advocate, however it could be a possibility.
Thoughts fellow forum friends….

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst it’s clear what the connotation is, and purely playing devils advocate, he and his solicitor could turn around and say it represents something else.
He could argue and state “it was in reference to the year 1997 and how fantastic this time was in the music and party scene. Not enough referring to “should have done more in this year”
As it’s open to interpretation and does not specifically state “Hillsborough”, I could see this as a loophole argued by his solicitor.
Yes if he’s got the cash for a good Barrister.
You could get the job!,

But any football person knows what that means.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Force him to wear it in Liverpool for 24 hours and let them decide. 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watched the highlights.
pen harsh but he is making himself bigger so see why it was given.
KDB should have a pen can’t see why it wasn’t given.
Showed Stones highlights what a good footballer he is and a great asset you just need to keep him fit.

my granny would have saved the second one.;)