The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I've got a couple of thoughts on him/about him.

Firstly, when he was spending all his time getting involved in school meals etc his football was shocking.... It's almost like being a footballer came second to him. Then this season he seems to have sorted himself out and looked like the player we thought he could be.

But also, I remember a manager talking about how some players can play through "pain" and others just don't cope.... To me rashford seems to fall very firmly under the doesn't cope category.

To me his biggest weakness is between the ears.

Absolutely bang on the money.

There was one moment for me this afternoon which summed Rashford up perfectly. 85 plus minutes gone in an FA Cup final and United are 2-1 down to their city rivals who, if they win, are 90 minutes away from emulating the treble of 1999. As a United player, it doesn’t get much bigger than that.

With Garnacho’s introduction, for the first time during the game City were starting to look uncomfortable. Rashford went down in the City penalty area under yet another innocuous challenge and remained on the turf as though he had just been shot by someone from behind the grassy knoll (think JFK and Dallas 1963).

With the game going on around him, and the attack being far from over, Rashford remained on the Wembley turf clutching whatever part of his fragile anatomy he thought had been kicked. The moment was gone - no penalty, not even a glimmer of one, and he remained prone on the ground. I was screaming at the TV for him to get the *expletive* up. His team needed a goal, and even on one leg he should have been dragging himself upright. He didn’t.

If I was Ten Hag I would have been absolutely livid. It’s what Rashford does, and has always done, and it absolutely boils my wee. Would we see Haaland do that at the other end? Not a chance.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

There was one moment for me this afternoon which summed Rashford up perfectly. 85 plus minutes gone in an FA Cup final and United are 2-1 down to their city rivals who, if they win, are 90 minutes away from emulating the treble of 1999. As a United player, it doesn’t get much bigger than that.

With Garnacho’s introduction, for the first time during the game City were starting to look uncomfortable. Rashford went down in the City penalty area under yet another innocuous challenge and remained on the turf as though he had just been shot by someone from behind the grassy knoll (think JFK and Dallas 1963).

With the game going on around him, and the attack being far from over, Rashford remained on the Wembley turf clutching whatever part of his fragile anatomy he thought had been kicked. The moment was gone - no penalty, not even a glimmer of one, and he remained prone on the ground. I was screaming at the TV for him to get the *expletive* up. His team needed a goal, and even on one leg he should have been dragging himself upright. He didn’t.

If I was Ten Hag I would have been absolute livid. It’s what Rashford does, and has always done, and it absolutely boils my wee. Would we see Haaland do that at the other end? Not a chance.
Odd how the season has panned out, from Citys point of view it will really take me a long time to fathom this season out.

From Utds point of view, it’s comparable to Citys to see how they have kicked on with the appointment of Ten Haag.

Re De Gea, he reminds me of Joe Hart., brilliant shot stopper but 15 years out of date. His distribution is shocking.

Re Utd and their fans, they must be chuffed re where they are now. Two Wembley finals after years of purgatory. Looking good re champs league and possible players.

Looking forward to next season already.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

If I was Ten Hag I would have been absolute livid. It’s what Rashford does, and has always done, and it absolutely boils my wee. Would we see Haaland do that at the other end? Not a chance.

That one shot over the bar reminded me how dangerous he can be. Up until then I had almost forgotten he was playing and, after that, the same. Clutching his hip at one stage and just no bloody heart. Such a waste...

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That one shot over the bar reminded me how dangerous he can be. Up until then I had almost forgotten he was playing and, after that, the same. Clutching his hip at one stage and just no bloody heart. Such a waste...

Dangerous as he can be, and I don’t dispute for one moment he can be, when he has a poor game he has an absolute stinker. Nowhere near as consistent as he could or should be.