The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
I must qualify as a proper fan, although living in Wiltshire I don't get to many Rotherham Utd games, have to wait til they play the likes of Bristol City, Cardiff, Swansea etc but I do have a RUFC golf towel, phone cover and I even got a driver cover, valuables bag and alignment stick cover made from a RUFC home shirt :cool:
Indeed, getting your hands on such rare merchandise must have been a feat in itself :)

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re Utd I think some of the players are up to a scrap. Casimero springs to mind. Others you would not want them at the side of you and Fernandez is at the top of that list. I also think that Casimero knows that. Remember last week when he was giving Bruno a bollockin.

Last edited:

Swango1980

Visit site
I agree about keeping em away from the derby. It smacked of Phil Thompson.

Tbf, they were always gonna give each other needle result regardless. And whilst I think Neville was out of line, Souness rant as such would have happened either way. In his head, either he's always right or you're always wrong.
I quite like pundits who have associations with the football club in question. For me, they bring in that element of passion, which to me is what football is all about. I've no issues, really, with Neville, Keane and Carragher as pundits generally either. I won't always agree with what they say, but why would anybody, unless it is their clone? So, I'd be disappointed if the pundits in a Liverpool versus Man Utd game were Micah Richards, Karen Carney, Michael Dawson and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

However, no issues with trying to bring in at least one "neutral" pundit, although they'd probably have quite a strong personality to get heard.

Unlike Carragher, who I respect as a pundit, I really do have issues with Souness. I think he speaks garbage way too many times, and his only justification seems to be "I played the game". His comments about Casemiro at the start of the season were strange, and I don't think he has admitted he got it wrong since. If he had doubts about Casemiro's ability, then there were many more angles he could have taken. More along the lines of "watch this space", rather than being so confident that he wasn't all that. At least Carragher had the grace to openly admit he got his initial feelings on Martinez wrong.

Swango1980

Visit site
Not sure it was mentioned in here, and this was in the tabloids, so could be absolutely rubbish. But, it was reported that Mason Greenwood was due to become a dad this summer, with the girl that made the accusations against him. If true, I suspect it is a pretty big factor in why the case was dropped?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I quite like pundits who have associations with the football club in question. For me, they bring in that element of passion, which to me is what football is all about. I've no issues, really, with Neville, Keane and Carragher as pundits generally either. I won't always agree with what they say, but why would anybody, unless it is their clone? So, I'd be disappointed if the pundits in a Liverpool versus Man Utd game were Micah Richards, Karen Carney, Michael Dawson and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

However, no issues with trying to bring in at least one "neutral" pundit, although they'd probably have quite a strong personality to get heard.

Unlike Carragher, who I respect as a pundit, I really do have issues with Souness. I think he speaks garbage way too many times, and his only justification seems to be "I played the game". His comments about Casemiro at the start of the season were strange, and I don't think he has admitted he got it wrong since. If he had doubts about Casemiro's ability, then there were many more angles he could have taken. More along the lines of "watch this space", rather than being so confident that he wasn't all that. At least Carragher had the grace to openly admit he got his initial feelings on Martinez wrong.

Ditto. I hate echo chamber opinions. Get something out there with whatever bias they feel, and let’s have a damn good back and forth over it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure it was mentioned in here, and this was in the tabloids, so could be absolutely rubbish. But, it was reported that Mason Greenwood was due to become a dad this summer, with the girl that made the accusations against him. If true, I suspect it is a pretty big factor in why the case was dropped?

Is also a massive breach of his bail conditions.. unless they used a turkey baster ofc

D

Deleted member 15344

Ditto. I hate echo chamber opinions. Get something out there with whatever bias they feel, and let’s have a damn good back and forth over it.

I watched the MOTD2 analysis afterwards with Richards and Deeney and it provided just a bit more balance with the match -they highlighted all the negatives from Man Utd but also showed the good stuff from Liverpool - it was just a bit more balanced and took away that raw bias emotion that Neville was showing when he came out with a statement of “Liverpool didn’t play that well” - I know he will focus on the negatives from the Utd perspective but he also needs to show the positives that actually put 7 on the score sheet.

Swango1980

Visit site
I watched the MOTD2 analysis afterwards with Richards and Deeney and it provided just a bit more balance with the match -they highlighted all the negatives from Man Utd but also showed the good stuff from Liverpool - it was just a bit more balanced and took away that raw bias emotion that Neville was showing when he came out with a statement of “Liverpool didn’t play that well” - I know he will focus on the negatives from the Utd perspective but he also needs to show the positives that actually put 7 on the score sheet.
I suspect all he was saying that Utd were that abysmal, Liverpool didn't need to play well. How many of their goals were a consequence of horrific defending, plus luck in that the ball just ended up at their feet in the perfect position. It wasn't like they were scoring goals from slick and brilliant moves. They simply capitalised on an opponent who downed tools.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I suspect all he was saying that Utd were that abysmal, Liverpool didn't need to play well. How many of their goals were a consequence of horrific defending, plus luck in that the ball just ended up at their feet in the perfect position. It wasn't like they were scoring goals from slick and brilliant moves. They simply capitalised on an opponent who downed tools.

He was utterly classless shock horror, you dont win 7-0 against United without being very good and Liverpool played some excellent stuff, especially for the earlier goals. Gakpo and Darwin who hes been quick to criticise deserved plenty of praise, as did TAA who United werent unable to expose at all. A bit of balance to admit that whilst United were shocking Liverpool were excellent wouldnt have gone a miss but the sulky brat kept on that Liverpool didnt play that well

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
He was utterly classless shock horror, you dont win 7-0 against United without being very good and Liverpool played some excellent stuff, especially for the earlier goals. Gakpo and Darwin who hes been quick to criticise deserved plenty of praise, as did TAA who United werent unable to expose at all. A bit of balance to admit that whilst United were shocking Liverpool were excellent wouldnt have gone a miss but the sulky brat kept on that Liverpool didnt play that well

Im not sure Liverpool had to play that well to be honest, taking nothing away from their performance and result.
It felt almost amateur league in how they capitulated.
Robertson was phenomenal in the first half and his attitude and desire for me in the first half made a massive difference into how the game turned out (Only my opinion)
Both still quality sides but dips in performance happens even to the very best 😀

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Im not sure Liverpool had to play that well to be honest, taking nothing away from their performance and result.
It felt almost amateur league in how they capitulated.
Robertson was phenomenal in the first half and his attitude and desire for me in the first half made a massive difference into how the game turned out (Only my opinion)
Both still quality sides but dips in performance happens even to the very best 😀

They didnt have to, but they did, thats the point. as bad as United were Liverpool were excellent. Its ok for a fan to focus on how bad his side were, but a pundit really should be able to be more balanced