The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
I wonder if Southgate will pick Rashford for next game?

Rashford on left, Saka right, Kane up front, Bellingham and Rice in the middle. Who would be number 10? Foden, Grealish, Mount?

Some decent players at his disposal.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wonder how big a sample size Moyes needs before realising his approach doesnt work against the top 6 sides and actually tries something different? Must be so frustrating for West Ham fans. Next week almost a must win game for him?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very unprofessional, Antonio slid in to win the ball against Kanes right leg.Kane then goes down holding his left leg 🤔

not questioning the result. it was fair but my gosh. what the hell is up with the standard of refs

defo pen first half

antonio never a booking

persic should have been off (or correctly booked 30 seconds before he was booked)

just wow

Wonder how big a sample size Moyes needs before realising his approach doesnt work against the top 6 sides and actually tries something different? Must be so frustrating for West Ham fans. Next week almost a must win game for him?

until they scored it wasnt awful however antonio needs to stop playing. he is awful. ings as far a better player but he leaves it too late to change it.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately missed the United game today, I was taking my squirrels et al out for a walk.
Speaking to a mate it seems that Leicester absolutely bossed it for the first 25 minutes or so with De Gea keeping the game alive.
Rashford seems to do what Rashford now does and seeing Sancho on the score sheet is very welcome.
Barcelona on thursday before cup final sunday.
It's actually a great time to be a United fan, and I didn't think I'd be saying that until, probably, 2025!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
32000+ at the Coventry Building Society Arena to wotness the Lionesses beat Italy 2 - 1. Not so many stayed to watch the Belgium - South Korea game, me included, I'm now watching it on the tele box

D

Deleted member 18121

I can't stand the fella... But he sure does pick up some injuries.

FpVaL0HWIAI8BUW.png

D

Deleted member 15344

Unfortunately missed the United game today, I was taking my squirrels et al out for a walk.
Speaking to a mate it seems that Leicester absolutely bossed it for the first 25 minutes or so with De Gea keeping the game alive.
Rashford seems to do what Rashford now does and seeing Sancho on the score sheet is very welcome.
Barcelona on thursday before cup final sunday.
It's actually a great time to be a United fan, and I didn't think I'd be saying that until, probably, 2025!

De Gea did make a few decent saves and Leicester were more threatening

But I still don’t understand how this wasn’t a red card

FF3EF561-8526-4D13-B090-1EB1C55DD0EA.jpeg

The third goal was excellent - not sure if it was a foul in the build up but the play after was outstanding. Both Rashford goals were clinical

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site

Rashford on left, Saka right, Kane up front, Bellingham and Rice in the middle. Who would be number 10? Foden, Grealish, Mount?

I wouldn’t have Mount in that no 10 list but the other two I’d definitely be excited about. Grealish in there would be interesting, great first touch, comfortable collecting the ball under pressure and has that nouse for a clever pass.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
not questioning the result. it was fair but my gosh. what the hell is up with the standard of refs

defo pen first half

antonio never a booking

persic should have been off (or correctly booked 30 seconds before he was booked)

just wow

until they scored it wasnt awful however antonio needs to stop playing. he is awful. ings as far a better player but he leaves it too late to change it.
Yes agree Oliver made some terrible decisions.
yellow for winning the ball twice.
Peresic should have been off.

you need a goal scorer badly, but your final ball is just non existent

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Maybe put Toney up front and Kane number 10: he’s the best at it in the PL for me .
He would still score goals as well.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes agree Oliver made some terrible decisions.
yellow for winning the ball twice.
Peresic should have been off.

you need a goal scorer badly, but your final ball is just non existent

we have scamacca who i really like but just back from injury

however ings is a goal scorer yet the useless antonio starts once again

really dont rate him

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Moyes on Sky Sports - “I’m trying to find more ways to score goals and create more chances”

*names 5 defenders and 3 defensive mids in starting eleven

Literally clueless.

We bought Ings in January to score goals to keep us up. Yet we are still playing with the useless idiot that can't score goals anymore. The longer we leave it to get Ings starting games, the more likely we are to go down. If we have any hope of staying up, it's getting the only clinical goalscorer on our books into the team and getting him chances.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Moyes on Sky Sports - “I’m trying to find more ways to score goals and create more chances”

*names 5 defenders and 3 defensive mids in starting eleven

Literally clueless.

We bought Ings in January to score goals to keep us up. Yet we are still playing with the useless idiot that can't score goals anymore. The longer we leave it to get Ings starting games, the more likely we are to go down. If we have any hope of staying up, it's getting the only clinical goalscorer on our books into the team and getting him chances.

sorry but thats not true. we play 3 CBs and wing backs. the idea of wing backs is to get forward to support the attack and defend second

soucek played pretty much in their box the first half

he tried to control the midfield was all

looked decent against chelsea in parts with same formation

3 at the back with wing backs is not a massively defensive operation its just used as a stick to beat managers from fans .. pepe plays with 3 at the back at times

until zouma is back we dont have any defender who could really perform in a 2 with aguard so 3 is needed. ogbonna is slow now. kehrer is better in a 3 ,, and even when we had dawson he started to look ropey

plenty of games left this is really post xmas rather than feb in the fixtures....

we will be fine.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

Grealish, Foden and Mount have both been poor so far this season. Grealish has come alive!

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site

Maddison is head and shoulders above those three as a No10, as the stats prove, but he doesn't play for one if the favoured six, so no doubt he'll be overlooked again.