The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes it’s a league game .
He should be punished against other teams in the league.
I bet Liverpool fans weren't begging the FA to let Cantona play in FA Cup and League Cup games when he kicked a fan at Palace (I assume it was a league game)

If only it was in the League Cup. We could have really done with him still in the league side that year :)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I bet Liverpool fans weren't begging the FA to let Cantona play in FA Cup and League Cup games when he kicked a fan at Palace (I assume it was a league game)

If only it was in the League Cup. We could have really done with him still in the league side that year :)
Not bothered what Liverpool fans think.
it’s just my personal opinion.

But on a positive note some lucky guy is going to play in a cup final he wasn’t expecting.
The under 18 keeper will be a bit nervous.:)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He should have been in jail for assault.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think that was the most pleasing result for us of the season so far

Just watched the game back on game of the day…cannot fault a single player. Incredible performance. Knew they’d have to withstand and absorb tonnes of pressure and City possession and did just that.

Forest’s goal was passed through every single player before finding the back of the net. Proper team goal.

Felipe is an absolutely world class CB.

Atmosphere was ridiculous, gutted I couldn’t be there today.

RichA

Visit site
Just watched the game back on game of the day…cannot fault a single player. Incredible performance. Knew they’d have to withstand and absorb tonnes of pressure and City possession and did just that.

Forest’s goal was passed through every single player before finding the back of the net. Proper team goal.

5 Live commentary was great. Pat Nevin spent the 10 minutes leading up to the goal predicting a Forest equaliser, even though we were barely leaving our own half.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site

Just watched highlights on match of the day. Have to agree that we did very well to withstand the onslaught. To be fair, City only have themselves to blame for not scoring a hat-full. But they didn't. So I'm not complaining. And yes, agree our goal was an extremely good goal - really well taken.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 Live commentary was great. Pat Nevin spent the 10 minutes leading up to the goal predicting a Forest equaliser, even though we were barely leaving our own half.

I listened to the first half on 5Live and Pat was praising the obvious game plan. You know who you’re playing, so play accordingly. We did just that and Felipe had Haaland in his back pocket the whole game. He had one maybe two chances all game. What a signing he has turned out to be already.

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We basically set up to be Helm’s Deep from LOTR. And it basically worked. YOU SHALL NOT PASS.

Plenty of possession for City but our back line had them rattled and pressured them when needed which had them off their best. Could have been 5-6 goals for City but Navas, Felipe and Worrall were absolute warriors today.

Was never going to be pretty but job done.

Think that was the most pleasing result for us of the season so far

What were your thoughts on Joe Worral getting kicked in the head during the build up to their goal?

Steve Cooper mentioned it in his interview after the match and I had a good look at it on MOTD. For me, he was definitely fouled but they didn’t even look at it on VAR!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
What were your thoughts on Joe Worral getting kicked in the head during the build up to their goal?

Steve Cooper mentioned it in his interview after the match and I had a good look at it on MOTD. For me, he was definitely fouled but they didn’t even look at it on VAR!

Not a top 6 team mate, so stuff like that just gets ignored 🙃

Surprised they didn’t draw a dodgy line to make our goal offside. 😉

Speaking of Wozza, thought he played exceptionally well, given the quality of the opposition!

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not a top 6 team mate, so stuff like that just gets ignored 🙃

Surprised they didn’t draw a dodgy line to make our goal offside. 😉

Speaking of Wozza, thought he played exceptionally well, given the quality of the opposition!

Oh yes, the cynic in me says that if a Big Six team conceded that goal to an Other Fourteen team, VAR would have intervened! I’m not gonna moan too much though - I’d have bitten your hand off for anything better than a 3-0 loss prior to the game! 🤣

Agree about Wozza. He’s had a hard time from some sections of the fan base but thought he did great yesterday. Felipe and Navas too. 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Oh yes, the cynic in me says that if a Big Six team conceded that goal to an Other Fourteen team, VAR would have intervened! I’m not gonna moan too much though - I’d have bitten your hand off for anything better than a 3-0 loss prior to the game! 🤣

Agree about Wozza. He’s had a hard time from some sections of the fan base but thought he did great yesterday. Felipe and Navas too. 👍
If VAR did see it that dosnt mean they will get it right .
they have proved that lately.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

He didn’t help himself by just getting up and getting on with it in typical Worrall fashion. Had he gone down like he’d been shot (like Grealish does and like Haaland did in the second half (which was embarrassing), it might have got looked at.
As you say, no complaints a hard fought point. Need to back it up against the Hammers next week and somehow find some away form 😬

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
He didn’t help himself by just getting up and getting on with it in typical Worrall fashion. Had he gone down like he’d been shot (like Grealish does and like Haaland did in the second half (which was embarrassing), it might have got looked at.
As you say, no complaints a hard fought point. Need to back it up against the Hammers next week and somehow find some away form 😬

Just watched MOTD, think Ive got morning Wood ;)

Surprised theres been no comment from the manager police about Pep being on the field and booked

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

Surprised theres been no comment from the manager police about Pep being on the field and booked

Manager police 😂😂

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact he got himself all in a tizz or the reason for it (which was Haaland falling over looking for a penalty with zero contact rather than taking on the shot)

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Manager police 😂😂

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact he got himself all in a tizz or the reason for it (which was Haaland falling over looking for a penalty with zero contact rather than taking on the shot)

Yeah, made me laugh when he said that Haaland was one on one with the keeper so wouldn’t have gone down unless it was genuine. Pull the other one Pep. The guy is eight feet tall and built like a brick outhouse. A man like that doesn’t go down when he gets tapped on the shoulder! 🤣

HomecountiesJohn

Visit site

Pep is like a spoilt petulant child who cant have his own way. It should've been a red card.

I cant believe Haaland missed 2 sitters from 7yards out. His blatant cheating to try and "win" a penalty was embarrasing enough then to top it off he waves the imaginary card at the ref. He's had a mare.