The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve actually seen the footage. A snapshot like that only tells the whole story if you have an agenda.
It does for Liverpoolphil. Remember, he knows who a player is looking at by a still photo of the back of their head from 50 yards away :)

Please don't tell me Lee Mason is on VAR. It is the sort of thing I'd expect of him

D

Deleted member 15344

I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve actually seen the footage. A snapshot like that only tells the whole story if you have an agenda.

You just can’t raise your hands up to players like that , if it’s spotted and then referred to the ref then it’s going to be a red card

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
You just can’t raise your hands up to players like that , if it’s spotted and then referred to the ref then it’s going to be a red card

As I say, Phil - I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen the incident. A snapshot out of context doesn’t really allow me to do that.

As a cop I wasn’t allowed to routinely punch someone. But I would have been justified in running someone over and killing them if they were pointing a loaded shotgun through the windscreen of my car.

D

Deleted member 15344

As I say, Phil - I’ll reserve judgement until I’ve seen the incident. A snapshot out of context doesn’t really allow me to do that.

As a cop I wasn’t allowed to routinely punch someone. But I would have been justified in running someone over and killing them if they were pointing a loaded shotgun through the windscreen of my car.

Unless it was a “Joke” between the players the rules are clear , there is no justification in a player raising hands to another even if it’s in defence of a teammate etc - he won’t have been the first player to have been given the red card for it

Billysboots

Visit site

Do you have the whole story? That’s a snapshot of it, and it sounds as though it’s from a bail hearing.

I’ll say again, the police absolutely will not have done nothing. Bail is an extremely complex area, but the police will not simply ignore alleged breaches, especially in cases of domestic violence, even more so in a case as high profile as this one.

The conditions which can be imposed are wide ranging, can be varied, extended, cancelled and so on. A breach in a case like this will not simply have been ignored, regardless of how it may appear in a press report which very probably won’t detail the full transcript of what was said.

EDIT: I would also stress that it appears to be Greenwood’s own legal team reporting the breach or breaches. Does that not strike you as extremely odd, because it does me? You need to bear in mind the manoeuvring which goes on in various court hearings, and the agendas underpinning who says what. It’s rarely as it appears at first glance, especially when it comes to media reporting.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Do you have the whole story? That’s a snapshot of it, and it sounds as though it’s from a bail hearing.

I’ll say again, the police absolutely will not have done nothing. Bail is an extremely complex area, but the police will not simply ignore alleged breaches, especially in cases of domestic violence, even more so in a case as high profile as this one.

The conditions which can be imposed are wide ranging, can be varied, extended, cancelled and so on. A breach in a case like this will not simply have been ignored, regardless of how it may appear in a press report which very probably won’t detail the full transcript of what was said.

his lawyer admitted at the bail hearing he broke the conditions and the police were aware of it.

What other evidence do you want!

Billysboots

Visit site

his lawyer admitted at the bail hearing he broke the conditions and the police were aware of it.

Read my edit on my post.

A defence lawyer admitting a client’s alleged bail breaches is not evidence of anything! It’s a defence lawyer manoeuvring on behalf of his client for reasons known only to him when the full facts are quite clearly not in the public domain.

I’ll say this. A defendant breaches his bail in a case of serious domestic violence. The police know and do nothing. The defendant then rapes or kills his original victim. Do you honestly and genuinely believe any police officer is willing to take such a huge risk, especially in a case as high profile as this? It’s just not happening.

This is not being fully and accurately reported. If it is, then I’ll apologise. But I simply can’t see it.

Last edited:

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site

In all honestly you’re barking up a tree you know very little about (I’m assuming)
It’s never as cut and dry as you think.
Billy has been in the Police for a long time so we should listen to what he’s saying as he is fully versed in these matters.

Billysboots

Visit site
In all honestly you’re barking up a tree you know very little about (I’m assuming)
It’s never as cut and dry as you think.
Billy has been in the Police for a long time so we should listen to what he’s saying as he is fully versed in these matters.

What I will say, Brian, is that it would be unheard of for a defence lawyer to admit a bail breach in front of a court, and run the risk of his client being remanded in custody, unless he or she was pretty sure that the bail hadn’t actually been breached in the first place.

Defence lawyers tend to try and keep clients out of prison. Not get them locked up to prove a point.