The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Oh for sure - and lets be honest, Rangers are a bigger club than QPR overall.

If Beale does well at Rangers he will get a prem job to have a go at one day.
It's a sensible move up for him, he knows rangers as well due to his time as assistant to Gerrard.

The odd thing, as pointed out by @fundy is him turning down the wolves job. He could have missed rangers out and gone straight to wolves. Is there something odd happening at wolves? Do the owners interfere?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a sensible move up for him, he knows rangers as well due to his time as assistant to Gerrard.

The odd thing, as pointed out by @fundy is him turning down the wolves job. He could have missed rangers out and gone straight to wolves. Is there something odd happening at wolves? Do the owners interfere?

Could be that he never wanted to leave Rangers but was ousted so as the new manager could bring in his own backroom staff.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yeah but Wolves is a funny job, you don't get any say on transfers from what I hear, not quite full autonomy.

Not sure too prem managers get full autonomy these days, an input into the process maybe but not the control the likes of Ferguson/Wenger had in previous times thats for sure. Sensible way to run a club as long as there is a coherent long term plan and strategy and you then recruit managers in line with that

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not sure too prem managers get full autonomy these days, an input into the process maybe but not the control the likes of Ferguson/Wenger had in previous times thats for sure. Sensible way to run a club as long as there is a coherent long term plan and strategy and you then recruit managers in line with that

Some do, some don't! All is not right at Wolves though, they were flying a few years back but have stagnated and not seen as much investment as before. I think its a wise move to avoid it while things are uncertain.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wonder how much Champions League football Ronaldo is going to get playing in the Saudi league? At least he can console himself with his £173 million a year pay :eek:

sunshine

Visit site
Yeah, he could go to Villa and leave them on the brink of relegation for example.

It’s funny, I was talking to a villa fan who reckoned that Beale was the brains behind Gerrard. Would explain why Gerrard had a good start at villa but then went downhill this season when Beale left for QPR.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
It’s funny, I was talking to a villa fan who reckoned that Beale was the brains behind Gerrard. Would explain why Gerrard had a good start at villa but then went downhill this season when Beale left for QPR.

He absolutely was the brains behing Gerrard. Its all I read from Rangers fans when he came down to us. He lost Beale in the summer and lost his job within 3 months - got to be something in that!