The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City fans must be made up, there's a certain European Cup that eludes him since leaving Barca and I think he's giving himself the best opportunity to win it by staying put.

Also whoever follows pep is going to have to be one hell of a manager. :ROFLMAO:

To be honest I am just chuffed there is a few more years of stability at the club having had decades of purgatory. Looking at what’s going off at Utd and Liverpool, well let’s just say the fans deserve better. Maybe Newcastle fans know what I am on about.
Hopefully Pep staying means we may be able to make a few Marquee signings ??

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
To be honest I am just chuffed there is a few more years of stability at the club having had decades of purgatory. Looking at what’s going off at Utd and Liverpool, well let’s just say the fans deserve better. Maybe Newcastle fans know what I am on about.

That's the big thing about City, the infrastructure and the leadership model is class. The owners appointed guys who knew how to run a club properly and they are reaping the rewards.

I don't see you falling out of the top 2 for quite some time!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

I love Pep. I like his personality, his demeanour and of course he's a brilliant manager. Strikes me he's genuine and what you see is what you get - no fabricated antics and gurning and fake fist pumps and celebrations etc. Long may he stay.

Swango1980

Visit site
That's the big thing about City, the infrastructure and the leadership model is class. The owners appointed guys who knew how to run a club properly and they are reaping the rewards.

I don't see you falling out of the top 2 for quite some time!
Yes, but it must be remembered that there are other clubs who are more squeaky clean in how they spend their money, and therefore should be considered better and bigger clubs than City. And, Pep's achievements should be tarnished at City because of the money he has available to him, and therefore certain other managers should be considered superior to him as they have to do things the "right way" :)

On a serious note, very good news for City fans (sadly). He must be considered the best manager around at the moment, by quite some margin.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Swango1980

Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjKlNKTmMT7AhUGXMAKHUnoC0MQvOMEKAB6BAgQEAE&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cristiano-ronaldo-watch-instagram-manchester-united-b2231154.html&usg=AOvVaw3zSg6VjkKv5o_8V9aRQ6tz

I don’t need an excuse to dislike Ronaldo, there are others that think he was right to do his interview. The fact he was thinking about having this watch done whilst he was at Utd, released when he was still at Utd. Well it speaks volumes for me.
Thoughts on his departure from Utd fans appreciate.
Not seen the watch, but I take anything like that with a pinch of salt. Like a typical "news" story, it simply seems to be sensationalising a certain point of view to bring in readers, and so any angle that can be used to throw mud at Ronaldo, journalists take it.

He has scored hundreds of headers, many of which were scored in a very similar manner to the one he scored against United. So, I'll treat the story as the typical witch hunt against Ronaldo, rather than anything to be taken too seriously. Ronaldo hanging high in the air to score a header is a pretty iconic image for him and his style of play.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjKlNKTmMT7AhUGXMAKHUnoC0MQvOMEKAB6BAgQEAE&url=https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/cristiano-ronaldo-watch-instagram-manchester-united-b2231154.html&usg=AOvVaw3zSg6VjkKv5o_8V9aRQ6tz

I don’t need an excuse to dislike Ronaldo, there are others that think he was right to do his interview. The fact he was thinking about having this watch done whilst he was at Utd, released when he was still at Utd. Well it speaks volumes for me.
Thoughts on his departure from Utd fans appreciate.

Absolutely fantastic news ................................ and I am one of his biggest fans.

4LEX

Visit site
Ronaldo got what he wanted from the interview - his contract ripped up. You've got to admire his ruthlessness.

As he's not cup tied for the CL, I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at a club still involved. No one will pay him the 500k a week that he was on, so he's done this purely for football reasons and wanting to compete at the highest level. He's not a Top 6 or Europa League player.

Man Utd are left with nothing upfront bar an injury prone waster in Martial. January is a bad month to sign top players without overpaying massively, throw in the sale of the club that'll take months and months. I can't see the Glazers shelling out £100m plus in January with the club up for sale, it'll likely be another has been on loan. I said it months back but this Ronaldo situation will likely be the difference between getting a CL place and missing out.