The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Shirt sales - most deals now are a flat fee. Whether 1 shirt or 100k shirts are sold won't change the amount the club get. It will change the fee for the next deal but not the current one. The mfr, Nike, Adidas etc gets the money from sales, not the clubs.

Ronaldo's shirt sales therefore make next to no difference to utd, who already have a stonking deal. Thought it worth debunking this line of argument.
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/...se-in-revenue-as-value-of-nike-deal-outlined/

Plenty clubs are going for a lower flat base line in exchange for a bigger percentage of shirts sales

Utd I believe is around 10% of each shirt but with clauses depending on competitions they are in hence why the fee they get fluctuates each season

They got or reported to have got around £5 per shirt sold

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/...se-in-revenue-as-value-of-nike-deal-outlined/

Plenty clubs are going for a lower flat base line in exchange for a bigger percentage of shirts sales

Utd I believe is around 10% of each shirt but with clauses depending on competitions they are in hence why the fee they get fluctuates each season

They got or reported to have got around £5 per shirt sold
£5 on a shirt that costs £50 is nothing really to a club like utd. 100k Ronaldo shirts sold is £0.5m, pocket change. I don't know how many were sold this time but I doubt it covers 2 weeks wages. Not enough to keep a bad apple

D

Deleted member 15344

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Discussing the Ronaldo situation, host Gary Lineker asked the Burnley boss if he would “take Ronaldo at Burnley?” to which he replied: “We need players that can run.” ?????

Joking aside Pep signs a new deal ????

City fans must be made up, there's a certain European Cup that eludes him since leaving Barca and I think he's giving himself the best opportunity to win it by staying put.

Also whoever follows pep is going to have to be one hell of a manager. :ROFLMAO: