The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
28,565 attendance today for Newcastle Ladies.

A record attendance for a Womens FA Cup match outside of a final.
Did you go? Not the greatest spectacle but loads of young girls there who hopefully enjoyed it. The club did a good job, all the flags were out for fans, they got the same music pre match, half time guy etc.

The Toon had a cracking centre half who swept up everything, had all the time in the world. Not the greatest passer, she needed a midfielder to show and take it, but otherwise she could certainly step up a level.

The goals were typical of women's football, long shots going over the head of the keepers. Neither keeper was particularly tall.

Anyway, a success for the women's game I'd say.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you go? Not the greatest spectacle but loads of young girls there who hopefully enjoyed it. The club did a good job, all the flags were out for fans, they got the same music pre match, half time guy etc.

I wasn't there (I live in Ipswich) but, as a Toon fan and ex season ticket holder I still like to take an interest across the clubs activities. Even if the tickets were dirt cheap it still shows a huge appetite for the ladies game that the club can tap into....and that's for a team that is in the 4th tier of the womens game. Bringing the games to St. James' is obviously a hugely popular move.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I wasn't there (I live in Ipswich) but, as a Toon fan and ex season ticket holder I still like to take an interest across the clubs activities. Even if the tickets were dirt cheap it still shows a huge appetite for the ladies game that the club can tap into....and that's for a team that is in the 4th tier of the womens game. Bringing the games to St. James' is obviously a hugely popular move.

Could you of imagined womens football at St James park under Ashley.?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It was £3 for adults, free for kids. 2pm on a Sunday, perfect. Get into Newcastle early have a wander, bite to eat, watch the game. They seem to be doing this every couple of months and that is about right. Every home game at SJP and the numbers wouldn't be there but make it an event and people will come.

I think it helps that there is positivity about the whole club right now, people want to be involved whether it is a PL match, cup game or women's side.

sunshine

Visit site
Unbelievable that Mick Beale has left Rangers to join some other team called Rangers who play in a minor league.

After everything he said about loyalty and integrity when he turned down wolves only 4 weeks ago.

I don’t see how he can build team spirit or attract good players after that.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Unbelievable that Mick Beale has left Rangers to join some other team called Rangers who play in a minor league.

After everything he said about loyalty and integrity when he turned down wolves only 4 weeks ago.

I don’t see how he can build team spirit or attract good players after that.

No loyalty in football!

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
If he had lost his next 4 games then the club might have sacked him. You are bang on, there is no loyalty in football, in any direction. Each party has to look after their own interests first of all, ideally they are all aligned together.

Oh for sure - and lets be honest, Rangers are a bigger club than QPR overall.

If Beale does well at Rangers he will get a prem job to have a go at one day.