The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
All a bit cloudy as seems it’s more about getting investment in

Maybe they think they need an additional investor to continue to compete with City and what Newcastle will become?

When I read today that City made profits of 50m this year they detailed all the business in and out and its crazy how much city make just re-selling academy or young talented players.

CountLippe

Visit site
Maybe they think they need an additional investor to continue to compete with City and what Newcastle will become?

When I read today that City made profits of 50m this year they detailed all the business in and out and its crazy how much city make just re-selling academy or young talented players.

Don't they get £200 million in sponsorship from half a dozen companies whom their owner and chairman sit on the boards?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I have been saying this for some time, brilliant news for City and good news for players not making it into the first team and yet going to other clubs to make a career.

D

Deleted member 15344

Does getting new investment in go against Klopp's philosophy of playing the victim and the underdog? What does he need more money for if his principles won't allow him to spend it?

“playing the victim” ?

Sorry what do you mean ?

What does Klopp have to do with it ? If he wasn’t happy with the ownership then he would walk - and if the club did bring in the sportswashing Middle East owners then I think he would walk away.

Don't they get £200 million in sponsorship from half a dozen companies whom their owner and chairman sit on the boards?
yes they have been found to over inflate the level of sponsership they have given themselves

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Not a clue, obviously Etihad are strongly involved though. Stadium Sponsor, Kit Sponsor etc

Liverpool's current owners clearly need some help keeping up

Swango1980

Visit site
“playing the victim” ?

Sorry what do you mean ?

What does Klopp have to do with it ? If he wasn’t happy with the ownership then he would walk - and if the club did bring in the sportswashing Middle East owners then I think he would walk away.
That is probably what "playing the victim" means, the key word being "playing". In other words, he is not a victim, but he likes to play the role of a victim when it suits him.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
“playing the victim” ?

Sorry what do you mean ?

Do you actually? I think he'd sign a longer term deal :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 15344

That is probably what "playing the victim" means, the key word being "playing". In other words, he is not a victim, but he likes to play the role of a victim when it suits him.

Klopp hurt you in the past ? Looks like you are a bit upset with him looking at your more recent posts.

Do you actually? I think he'd sign a longer term deal :ROFLMAO:

Yes I do - Klopp has been very strong in his belief in regards the way some clubs are funded and clearly doesn’t believe that’s how it should work - so if it did happen that state arrived to buy the club he imo would walk away.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
“playing the victim” ?

Sorry what do you mean ?

yes they have been found to over inflate the level of sponsership they have given themselves
I was referring to his recent whine that it was unfair because some other clubs (NUFC, PSG, MCFC) had more money to spend than he did.

D

Deleted member 15344

I was referring to his recent whine that it was unfair because some other clubs (NUFC, PSG, MCFC) had more money to spend than he did.

That’s not what he said really though - can’t recall him using unfair etc - believe he said that some clubs have a ceiling on how much they can spend and some don’t have that ceiling. He is only stating the truth though ?‍♂️

Certainly not playing any “victim” -

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Klopp hurt you in the past ? Looks like you are a bit upset with him looking at your more recent posts.

Yes I do - Klopp has been very strong in his belief in regards the way some clubs are funded and clearly doesn’t believe that’s how it should work - so if it did happen that state arrived to buy the club he imo would walk away.

Fair enough, you will know the man better than I, but it does just sound like sour grapes to the neutral

Swango1980

Visit site
Not at all. I used to quite like him (sadly). But, since his team has become poor, he has actually become a real pain. Much worse than most other managers who go through bad periods, which is saying something. He is just a real whinge. I guess he is just hugely sensitive and defensive, which I probably observed for the first time when he embarrassingly had a moan to Keane about when he overheard him use the word "sloppy", despite not hearing the full analysis from Keane so he could have put it in context.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I think to an extent in the past you could have a point. City were getting mega deals that at the time they were signed, there were suggestions they were over inflated, compared to what other teams were getting re shirt sponsorship etc etc. City like other teams have associated companies connected to them like Nexen tyres. Citys response to overinflated sponsorship deals was along the lines of the companies will get massive coverage in the future. it was all subjective. However as it turns out, that has been the case. City were involved in three of the top five viewed games last year in the Prem. Top viewed game v Liverpool. There’s a good read up on the Manc evening news.
Bottom line, it appears things are looking rosy for a good few years yet at the Council house.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/man-city-financial-report-2022-25445567

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm not surprised at hearing todays news and this has definitely been in the pipeline for a few months. They've seen Chelsea being sold for £4bn+

This squad needs serious investment to keep up with City and there's no Coutinho there to sell to raise the required funds.

For me its either big investment from the owners or they'll sell at a monstrous profit.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I'm not surprised at hearing todays news and this has definitely been in the pipeline for a few months. They've seen Chelsea being sold for £4bn+

This squad needs serious investment to keep up with City and there's no Coutinho there to sell to raise the required funds.

For me its either big investment from the owners or they'll sell at a monstrous profit.

You can have him for 15m to resell if you want? :ROFLMAO: