The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Haven't seen the TAA one, but again VAR has had a 'mare. If the Brentford penalty was correct then Forest were denied two clear penalties & potentially a third. And a clear foul on Silva in a goalscoring position completely ignored.

I can get that if you have a different VAR official at different games then the standards applied can be slightly different; what I cannot understand is how the same VAR official can appear to apply different standards during the same game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven't seen the TAA one, but again VAR has had a 'mare. If the Brentford penalty was correct then Forest were denied two clear penalties & potentially a third. And a clear foul on Silva in a goalscoring position completely ignored.

I can get that if you have a different VAR official at different games then the standards applied can be slightly different; what I cannot understand is how the same VAR official can appear to apply different standards during the same game.
It’s because they are crap.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Liverpool very good first half.
But we just gave the ball away to much second half.
Should have scored at least another 2 goals.

Question for the spurs fans.
If you play counter attack football in the first half and 2-0 down.
But come out second half and have a go and lead second half 1-0.
Is it the right way to play given Son is missing. .?

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Big win for Liverpool today, Salah took his goals well.
Spurs played really well in the second half but just ran out of time to get an equaliser.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
The comments regarding the City penalty in here amaze me, sometimes I wonder what people were watching. I expected a controversial dive by KDB having read some comments in here. It was nothing of the sort. It was a clear penalty, and there were barely any complaints by Fulham players, manager, commentators or pundits. Usually a clear sign there is nothing controversial about it. He was kicked in the back of the leg, penalty.

The Cancelo one was also a penalty, and would then need to be a red. But, I do feel it is exactly the sort of challenge referees let go anywhere else on the pitch these days, saying it is a physical game and allowing play to flow.

This is why I stay away from this thread. Some of your post is high lighted by some and other parts by others. Just coz it fits an agenda or opinion. Was it a soft penalty. Deffo. Was there contact, deffo, did the Fulham players complain, No. Why did the Fulham player make such a poor effort. Probably because they spent most of the afternoon chasing 10 men.. The small flick after his initial attempt did not help.

D

Deleted member 15344

Officials get worse each week

Clear dive from KDB

Laughable that someone says that’s a clear penalty

And today

TAA push was a penalty and I’m amazed they looked at that and ignored it.

Tyler and Neville were just gutted that Konate was fouled by Kane when they were screaming for a penalty ?

Ugly win - Mo showing he is one of the best in the league

D

Deleted member 1740

This is why I stay away from this thread. Some of your post is high lighted by some and other parts by others. Just coz it fits an agenda or opinion. Was it a soft penalty. Deffo. Was there contact, deffo, did the Fulham players complain, No. Why did the Fulham player make such a poor effort. Probably because they spent most of the afternoon chasing 10 men.. The small flick after his initial attempt did not help.

Oh Tashyboy, the whole point of highlighting a post is when someone has a different opinion or disagrees with that particular part of the post. No agenda here?

I didnt think it was a pen, yes there was contact but it wasnt enough for that reacton from KDB. It was pathetic from a worldclass player but i understand why they do it.

Just because the Fulham players didnt complain doesnt make a difference.

Call it for what it is.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Oh Tashyboy, the whole point of highlighting a post is when someone has a different opinion or disagrees with that particular part of the post. No agenda here?

I didnt think it was a pen, yes there was contact but it wasnt enough for that reacton from KDB. It was pathetic from a worldclass player but i understand why they do it.

Just because the Fulham players didnt complain doesnt make a difference.

Call it for what it is.

I did it, it was a soft penalty. ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Deserved win for palace

Antonio what a poor player he is now days

Diving all over the place

Has a chance at end to square the ball to a colleague, he takes too long and bamn they go down end and score a winner

If you gift the opposition two goals and play crap you deserve all you get…

The crowd turned today on Moyes, subbing Benrahma, the arrogant ass has piped up in reply to the boos with "There's a lot of experts out there aren't there"?
I'm surprised he didn't cup his ear.

Hopefully G&S + Kretinsky will see he is clueless and has spaffed the £180M they gave him and sack him in the morning. A few Chelsea fans were twinearsing on TS about Potter being out of his depth! Would love it if we ended the season with him.