The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you gift the opposition two goals and play crap you deserve all you get…

The crowd turned today on Moyes, subbing Benrahma, the arrogant ass has piped up in reply to the boos with "There's a lot of experts out there aren't there"?
I'm surprised he didn't cup his ear.

Hopefully G&S + Kretinsky will see he is clueless and has spaffed the £180M they gave him and sack him in the morning. A few Chelsea fans were twinearsing on TS about Potter being out of his depth! Would love it if we ended the season with him.

I wouldn't say he is clueless I'd say he is very loyal to players who have served him well

Soucek is clearly tired and we played better without him on the pitch but Moyes trusts him

Same with Bowen, I'd of hooked him at half time if one was to be hooked for Antonio

That said antonio did cause issues .. mainly for us .. believes his own hype and dives far too much

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Deserved win for Villa, much the better team today.
Last time they beat us 3-1 at Villa Park was the season we won the league with kids.
Every cloud an' all that.

We'll see them again on Wednesday, I just hope they don't waste so much time!

Lol

Man United fans moaning about things like this just makes me laugh. The long time owners of Fergie time are moaning about wasting time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to 2/2 on Thursday ;)

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
managed to watch my first Leicester match v Everton without feeling total anxiety (my life is anxiety central 2022) some great goals, glad they stuck with Brenda even tho I thought he needed to go and get Dyche in :)

top 6 bet is a long way off with no europe I thought we had a chance till we SOLD all the best players :unsure: support your local however bad :love:

Swango1980

Visit site
Lol

Man United fans moaning about things like this just makes me laugh. The long time owners of Fergie time are moaning about wasting time. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looking forward to 2/2 on Thursday ;)
I like Klopps way of wasting injury time. The ref indicated a minimum of a minimum of 4 minutes of additional time yesterday. Klopp took Salah off after 90 minutes were up, and play was stopped for nearly a minute. As Spurs got the ball, ready to hoof it up for one last attach, ref blew the final whistle at something like 4 minutes, 12 seconds into additional time.

I bet if this had been Bournemouth or another smaller side against a bigger side, the ref would have added 5-6 minutes additional time due to the sub being being made

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Are we going to have a sweepstake on how many times UEFA balls up the European draws today? Far too complicated with who can and can't play each other, why don't they just put all the balls in a bowl and draw them out? Worked for the FA Cup for years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Are we going to have a sweepstake on how many times UEFA balls up the European draws today? Far too complicated with who can and can't play each other, why don't they just put all the balls in a bowl and draw them out? Worked for the FA Cup for years.
All of the seedings and stopping teams from the same country playing each other is purely to guarantee bigger matches later on in the competition so they can keep the money rolling in. Last thing they want is the big Spanish and English teams putting each other out and someone like Benfica getting to the final.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All of the seedings and stopping teams from the same country playing each other is purely to guarantee bigger matches later on in the competition so they can keep the money rolling in. Last thing they want is the big Spanish and English teams putting each other out and someone like Benfica getting to the final.
It was a largely rhetorical question, I know everything UEFA does is about money but the FA Cup always seems to do ok without a Man City v Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd (insert current next best team) final every year. The final is always sold out and shown on TV so the lack of mega teams in the final isn't a show stopper

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a largely rhetorical question, I know everything UEFA does is about money but the FA Cup always seems to do ok without a Man City v Liverpool/Arsenal/Man Utd (insert current next best team) final every year. The final is always sold out and shown on TV so the lack of mega teams in the final isn't a show stopper
Yeah.. I guess the FA care a little bit more about tradition, and it still pays to have one big tie in each round I suppose as they need to pick one to stick on telly. In Europe they're all on telly regardless.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'd argue the FA Cup has declined massively over the last few decades, for many reasons. The final usually is two big teams, to be fair. Although the Man City versus Watford game in 2018 must have been a more difficult sell for the neutral, and as expected, City battered them 6-0. I think it is relatively easy to fill Wembley for pretty much any final. The fans of the two clubs will always be well up for it, and even if a small team gets through, I bet most of that town / city would love to go to the final for the day out (plus, I don't know how many thousands are sold to non-fans, through sponsors and so on)

However, I suspect the BBC or whatever other broadcaster are not buying the rights to the FA Cup for similar prices BT pay for the European games? If Champions League semi finals and finals were played more often between lesser sides, there is going to be less interest from the neutrals (and, quite often the neutrals may ignore a lot of the earlier matches, but become more interested when the tournament gets to the business end).

Personally, there is so much TV on these days, I never watch any FA Cup games unless man Utd are playing, or two of the top sides are playing each other. I just can't get enthusiastic about any of the other games, regardless of how romantic it might be for the teams or fans involved.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, Ralf has gone from Southampton. 5th PL sacking of the year. I think his reputation will have been enhanced by his time at Southampton, he wont struggle to get another job. A 3-1 loss at home doesn't help buy boy did his players miss some chances. A shame they sold Ings, he fitted there so well, but that seems to be the Southampton way.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Decent draws for Man City and Spurs, tougher assignments for Chelsea and Liverpool

1. RB Leipzig v Man City
  2. Liverpool v Real Madrid
  3. AC Milan v Tottenham
  4. Borussia Dortmund v Chelsea
  5. Club Bruges v Benfica
  6. Eintracht Frankfurt v Napoli
  7. Inter Milan v Porto
  8. PSG v Bayern Munich

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hopefully Milan is the perfect draw for us. Not so good that we get tanked immediately, but not so rubbish that we don't bother turning up and get beaten embarrassingly.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
. The fans of the two clubs will always be well up for it, and even if a small team gets through, I bet most of that town / city would love to go to the final for the day out (plus, I don't know how many thousands are sold to non-fans, through sponsors and so on)

Chelsea and Liverpool got 30,500 each for the 2022 final (it has only just recently increased from 25k each)....the rest would have gone to sponsors, the FA family (i.e. all the other clubs who are eligible to play in the comp, folk in volunteer roles at grassroots level, long serving tea ladies etc etc), Club Wembley debenture holders and other hangers on with no interest in either of the teams playing in the final.