The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Anyone see the Charlton v Ipswich result today? Ipswich 2-0 up after 62 minutes. Charlton score twice to bring it back to 2-2 after 90 minutes. Ipswich scored twice in added time after 91 and 94 minutes. Charlton then scored after 96 and 99 minutes to make it 4-4.

View attachment 44984
I tell you what I like about that, it’s 4-3 to Ipswich and number four runs 40-50 yard to make the keeper pick up the ball.he actually runs past a Charlton player who has lost interest. Number 4 scores the equaliser. Brilliant.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What a rubbish game. Each team just wanted to pass to each other

Moment of quality decided it with that header

How on earth did fabainski injure himself heading a ball??

Degea at the end ... What a performance from him

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately I missed the game, hopefully Maguire had a good game.
Also pleased for Rashford for getting his 100th goal.
I also can't believe that De Gea is probably going to miss the World Cup!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Same old...Same old I'm afraid!

Set up not to lose....go one down then start playing…Same against the Dippers the other week.

Then need to score just to draw....forget about winning!

Sad thing is we can actually live with these teams....Moyes is just too scared to have a proper go at them. Look at his record against the 'big' teams particularly away..... its atrocious at best!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Same old...Same old I'm afraid!

Set up not to lose....go one down then start playing…Same against the Dippers the other week.

Then need to score just to draw....forget about winning!

Sad thing is we can actually live with these teams....Moyes is just too scared to have a proper go at them. Look at his record against the 'big' teams particularly away..... its atrocious at best!!

Whilst his subs improved us I didn't get some of them

When Antonio came in. No you don't take scamacca off at all. Take soucek or Downes off. Push benny into attacking midfield and antonio left wing

Then if you go for it last 15 mins you can go 2 up top... Rather than oh my second striker is back on the bench unusable

Thought scamacca was playing some lovely balls in just needed Antonio to run onto them

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst his subs improved us I didn't get some of them

When Antonio came in. No you don't take scamacca off at all. Take soucek or Downes off. Push benny into attacking midfield and antonio left wing

Then if you go for it last 15 mins you can go 2 up top... Rather than oh my second striker is back on the bench unusable

Thought scamacca was playing some lovely balls in just needed Antonio to run onto them

Wasn't the Scamacca decision partly due to the fact he'd already been booked and then had that high foot challenge on the Utd defender in the box? One more slightly mistimed challenge from him and you'd almost certainly have been down to 10 and facing a real struggle to try to get back into it.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn't the Scamacca decision partly due to the fact he'd already been booked and then had that high foot challenge on the Utd defender in the box? One more slightly mistimed challenge from him and you'd almost certainly have been down to 10 and facing a real struggle to try to get back into it.

Possible, I watched with 3 mancs my goodness they were trying to convince it was wreckless

Both players only eye for ball
5ft 9 defender lowers his head
6 ft 5 striker raised foot

Both tried to win ball

With 7 inch difference in height it was only going to end one way

Nothing dangerous about it

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Possible, I watched with 3 mancs my goodness they were trying to convince it was wreckless

Both players only eye for ball
5ft 9 defender lowers his head
6 ft 5 striker raised foot

Both tried to win ball

With 7 inch difference in height it was only going to end one way

Nothing dangerous about it

I agree. It's a freekick to Utd for the high foot but nothing more than that. Scamacca tried to flick it with the outside of his foot and didn't deliberately go for the defender or raise his studs. The problem for Scamacca, and West Ham, is the response from the other Utd players and putting the idea in the refs head that he's got away with one there. That's not a criticism of Utd as any team would've done the same. I think Moyes had to take him off just in case of one more slightly mistimed challenge.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What a difference a few months make eh. You was pro Gerrard not so long ago, what's changed?

I see Mings has had another shocker last night?

Yeah he lost his assistant and lost any clue what he was doing.

Ill back any manager till they prove they're arse.. Like any football fan would.

If you had to witness weekly the absolute shower of poo that we have had under Gerrard you'd understand what I mean. 4 wins in a calendar year is a joke for a team with our level of investment.

Newcastle have gone from relegation zone to current top 4 in the same time frame.

Unai Emerys Claret and Blue ARMYYYYYYY

Swango1980

Visit site
Unfortunately I missed the game, hopefully Maguire had a good game.
Also pleased for Rashford for getting his 100th goal.
I also can't believe that De Gea is probably going to miss the World Cup!
I think Maguire grew into the game. Made a few mistimes challenges early on, and seemed out of position once or twice in 1st half. He was also ultra ultra safe when playing out from back, and seemed uneasy playing ball forward (continually passing sideways to Martinez, who needed to take responsibility to play ball forward).

However, understandable. The criticism and mocking he has received over the last year must play on his mind, and last thing he wants is to come into a side that has been a lot more solid, and mess up.

Confidence grew in second half. Strong in the air and some good challenges. Blocked an almost certain goal as well. Element of luck, but he was in a position to get in the way.

Martinez is looking like an absolute giant at the moment though. I think he must boost all the defence around him, great attitude. Future captain surely? Dalot is a completely different player this season.

Casemiro is also a class act. When Fred and McTomminay played his position, they always played with a sense of panic and desperation, and got pulled all over the place. Casemiro just calmly gets around the pitch and seems to do the job beautifully. Lots of positives, Rashford and Dalot are different players this season.

Never any expectations to really win anything when ten Hag arrived, just wanted to see progress. So far, I am very content.

Swango1980

Visit site
Now that Pagbas gone it looks like Graeme Sourness as turned his attention to Martinez.
I heard that today. He didn't want to go back on his initial assessment, and then also threw in he doesn't think he is quick enough. And he still believes he will get found out (because no defenders over 6ft have ever made a mistake, or been out done by an attacker)

Every time United concede a header, you can almost guarantee Souness and Carragher will be desperate to tell the world Martinez is 5ft 9. Even if Martinez isn't marking the guy, it'll be his fault because of some reason like Utd having to make up for his short stature.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I heard that today. He didn't want to go back on his initial assessment, and then also threw in he doesn't think he is quick enough. And he still believes he will get found out (because no defenders over 6ft have ever made a mistake, or been out done by an attacker)

Every time United concede a header, you can almost guarantee Souness and Carragher will be desperate to tell the world Martinez is 5ft 9. Even if Martinez isn't marking the guy, it'll be his fault because of some reason like Utd having to make up for his short stature.
He’s a terrible pundit imo.

4LEX

Visit site
I think Maguire grew into the game. Made a few mistimes challenges early on, and seemed out of position once or twice in 1st half. He was also ultra ultra safe when playing out from back, and seemed uneasy playing ball forward (continually passing sideways to Martinez, who needed to take responsibility to play ball forward).

However, understandable. The criticism and mocking he has received over the last year must play on his mind, and last thing he wants is to come into a side that has been a lot more solid, and mess up.

Confidence grew in second half. Strong in the air and some good challenges. Blocked an almost certain goal as well. Element of luck, but he was in a position to get in the way.

Martinez is looking like an absolute giant at the moment though. I think he must boost all the defence around him, great attitude. Future captain surely? Dalot is a completely different player this season.

Casemiro is also a class act. When Fred and McTomminay played his position, they always played with a sense of panic and desperation, and got pulled all over the place. Casemiro just calmly gets around the pitch and seems to do the job beautifully. Lots of positives, Rashford and Dalot are different players this season.

Never any expectations to really win anything when ten Hag arrived, just wanted to see progress. So far, I am very content.

Maguire was utter dross. It's sad to see him in the current state. All he did was stand in the way of one shot, the rest was terrible. He can barely put one foot infront of the other and looks lost. Real concerns if he starts in the World Cup, although the easy start might well help build his confidence up.

Martinez has been excellent of late and looks a real battler who would die for the shirt. I gave him some stick when it was deserved but he's done well. He's been found out against teams with physical strikers but at the moment theres only a handful in the league so he might still get away with it.

Eriksen has been absolutely superb, a class apart in that dreadful midfield.