The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

venger

Visit site
I understand that Conte has a touchline ban for the Champions League against Marseille. Did he not apologise? Or do UEFA simply enforce red cards when given to managers? :)

The conspiracy theorist in me says that UEFA have it in for spurs as they were the only team to be punished for refusing to play a fixture because of covid problems.
I'm pretty sure they pick and choose who gets banned and who doesn't

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Great result at Anfield for the reds.

But for me, Napoli are the most fun side to watch in Europe atm. Not just "defend first" like most Italian teams, but also great fun going forward. They won't win the CL, getting knocked out by a boring "European heavyweight" in the quarters (or something similar). But they're just great to watch.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Better from Reds look much more organised.
Nunez is a handful.
He changed the game when he came on.

Ref was excellent imo
VAR though 3.25 mins for offside. Clear as a bell in 3D

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Better from Reds look much more organised.
Nunez is a handful.
He changed the game when he came on.

Ref was excellent imo
VAR though 3.25 mins for offside. Clear as a bell in 3D

Absolutely agree on the ref. Mentioned a few times I thought he managed the game brilliantly. Very impressed. VAR is awful. It has to get better. And quickly.

Lastly, Nunez. Honestly? I'd start him every single game he's fit until the end of the season. He's raw, he's at times ungainly and his decision making isn't perfect. But he's 22. And good God he brings chaos. He's going to be a superstar. He's not there yet, and he might need years not months. But he's got everything to be an absolute top top class striker.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to the draw for the last 16 of the CL. I assume Liverpool fans will be hoping to draw Porto as their next opponents as the alternatives don't look too appealing. If the groups stay as they are then they can't draw Napoli or the other three English teams, which would leave Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or PSG as their other three possible opponents.

CountLippe

Visit site
Looking forward to the draw for the last 16 of the CL. I assume Liverpool fans will be hoping to draw Porto as their next opponents as the alternatives don't look too appealing. If the groups stay as they are then they can't draw Napoli or the other three English teams, which would leave Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or PSG as their other three possible opponents.
Liverpool have been pretty good against the better sides IIRC.