The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If it is after this world cup then I don't see either of those being attracted by the job. Both are in great jobs right now, jobs and situations that may not be there again for them in the future.

Both would be ideal but it is not in their interest at the moment, imo.

The question is then who next? I'm not sure I have the answer to that, not very helpful ?
It’s a long time in football until after the World Cup.
Both could be unemployed or top of the league.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have the linesmen been given different instructions recently? At the start of the season they were allowing clear offsides to play on to allow the attack to play out. In this game the linesman has given two offsides, one in the first half against Chelsea and one in the second against Utd, that were so close that you probably would've needed lines drawn to make a decision. Having seen some of the clear offsides that weren't given early it seems strange to see two very close ones flagged while the attack was still going.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have the linesmen been given different instructions recently? At the start of the season they were allowing clear offsides to play on to allow the attack to play out. In this game the linesman has given two offsides, one in the first half against Chelsea and one in the second against Utd, that were so close that you probably would've needed lines drawn to make a decision. Having seen some of the clear offsides that weren't given early it seems strange to see two very close ones flagged while the attack was still going.
There’s two handball rules so why not two offside ones.!
The problem lies with lack of consistency.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
all hail King Iwobi i hear :D
Worth every penny ?.

To be fair, he has found his role now. Once everyone realised he wasn't going to be the next Wilf Zaha, worked out what he actually could do, he has been a different player. It's not quite a Joelinton transformation but not far off. He is a premiership player now, he wasn't before.

You still won on the deal but it's not as one sided as it used to be ?

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Not gonna lie, my favourite one of these was his face and "we played two teams today. Nottingham and Forest. Nobody can compete with that"

But, by the same token, the deflection is nothing new - Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson were all absolute masters of it. People are talking about Klopp first and not how awful the team were, so i guess it works?

I'd rather we weren't awful though!