The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forest deserved the win , worked very hard and got their three points

Not sure what’s more pathetic - the display from the or the Forest fans and their chants about a disaster where fans lost their lives.

What is going on right now with football fans thinking it’s acceptable- the toxic atmosphere that’s growing in the grounds right now is ugly and it’s going to come to head soon

If this happened, it would have been from a few of the small minded knobs that frequent A block or Lower Bridgford. But I didn’t hear any yesterday ? (doesn’t make it right either way)…there were also plenty of flags in support of Hillsborough. So let’s not tarnish all “forest fans” with the same brush eh. I’m sure there’s Liverpool “fans” who chant about Heysel when you play Juventus ??‍♂️

Skytot

Visit site
Went to city v Brighton yesterday and was very impressed with Brighton . Played great football and were unlucky not to get a point from the game . What a player KDB is

D

Deleted member 15344

Bindippers ?

Yet some just excuse it as “banter” - is that justification now , it’s just not funny

You won yesterday deservedly so - celebrate that

Just follows on the vile chanting that is going on at the moment and not just at Liverpool games

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bindippers ?

Yet some just excuse it as “banter” - is that justification now , it’s just not funny

You won yesterday deservedly so - celebrate that

Just follows on the vile chanting that is going on at the moment and not just at Liverpool games

? let’s not pretend Liverpool fans are all angels either. “scabs”..pleasant.

Very much enjoying yesterday’s win. I’m sure you’ll do us at Anfield.

1666536564509.png

Last edited:

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Arsenal hanging on here after having a cigar on in the first half, completely taking their foot off the gas. Not a threat at all after taking Martinelli off, can't understand that.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Disappointing performance, another game where weve come out fast but not put the game away then tired as it goes on. Plenty of players already in danger of being overused and were only in October. 2 games in a row weve been pretty poor away from home and taken 4 points so couldve been far worse

Not sure how the ref took 92 min to book a Saints centre half mind.....

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Arsenal hanging on here after having a cigar on in the first half, completely taking their foot off the gas. Not a threat at all after taking Martinelli off, can't understand that.

Was surprised he went off not Saka but hes played more football than anyone I guess. Be interesting to see what side he plays at PSV in the week

D

Deleted member 15344

? let’s not pretend Liverpool fans are all angels either. “scabs”..pleasant.

Very much enjoying yesterday’s win. I’m sure you’ll do us at Anfield.

View attachment 44929View attachment 44929

No one said anyones fans were full of angels and Twitter has plenty of them

But I guess that’s the justification you were looking for to be able to post what you did and to keep it there when it’s clearly offensive ( even more so in the current climate ), thought some on here were better - it’s disappointing to see

Last edited by a moderator:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Was surprised he went off not Saka but hes played more football than anyone I guess. Be interesting to see what side he plays at PSV in the week

Not seen any of the game but, if Arteta is playing a high intensity tempo and does not have the strength in depth in the squad re subs. Arsenal could well blow out of steam. Teams start to peak around March, but this year Chuck in a World Cup. Could be a difficult second half of the season esp if Spurs stay in it. That said Arteta is now showing what he is capable of after a tricky start and the board should continue to invest in Him. Also be nice to have the Spuds and Arsenal rivalry at the top of the table.

Last edited:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
No one said anyones fans were full of angels and Twitter has plenty of them

But I guess that’s the justification you were looking for to be able to post what you did and to keep it there when it’s clearly offensive ( even more so in the current climate ), thought some on here were better - it’s disappointing to see
ok pal. Apologies…any future memes will be vetted for offensive language.

(For the record, it wasn’t my creation and “a bunch of deluded 1 season wonders” still has the same impact ? original post edited, just for you)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

ok pal. Apologies…any future memes will be vetted for offensive language.

(For the record, it wasn’t my creation and “a bunch of deluded 1 season wonders” still has the same impact ? original post edited, just for you)

I’m all for banter and having a laugh at the expense of oppo fans when you beat them etc

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not seen any of the game but, if Arteta is playing a high intensity tempo and does not have the strength in depth in the squad re subs. Arsenal could well blow out of steam. Teams start to peak around March, but this year Chuck in a World Cup. Could be a difficult second half of the season esp if Spurs stay in it. That said Arteta is now showing what he is capable of after a tricky start and the board should continue to invest in Him. Also be nice to have the Spuds and Arsenal rivalry at the top of the table.

Oh theres no doubt our squad is paper thin, especially in a few key positions (central midfield and striker especially). Whilst Arteta has made great progress its very one approach and getting the right players to fit that system and it seems he has little faith in many of the reserves to be able to rotate more (Jesus looked dead on his feet at times today but will still continue to start every league game ahead of Nketiah for eg)

Hopefully over time he'll have a bigger core of trusted players and this will bring about some more flexibility in approach too. Hard to argue about the board the last 2 summers, hes had more backing than most get and no reason to expect that not to continue. What has been clear is they are only going to buy who they want (and are prepared to pay for them) rather than buying short term fixes, but theres only so many who fit the mould/system!

Going forward, we definitely need more from the likes of Nketiah, Viera, Sambi Lokonga but will also look to add one or two more in January hopefully

D

Deleted member 15344

Quite funny to see the Geordies taking their tops off as the storm hit whilst the spurs fans ran for cover ?

excellent game

Newcastle doing well - Calum Wilson is a superb striker and if he can stay fit should be a shoe in for the World Cup ,

Kane spending most of the time moaning at the ref and asking for players to be carded

Is this a penalty

55D025A1-2DCA-4EAE-A2F5-88A52A79ACCD.jpeg