The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

4LEX

Visit site
Gerrard had to go, Villa have been nothing short of woeful for a long time now. The quality of squad is better than the performances and results so it boils down to the manager. A shame as he did a really good job at Rangers and I expected him to do well at Villa.

Not sure Gerrard will get a better job, he'll probably have to drop into the Championship.

Swango1980

Visit site
Gerrard had to go, Villa have been nothing short of woeful for a long time now. The quality of squad is better than the performances and results so it boils down to the manager. A shame as he did a really good job at Rangers and I expected him to do well at Villa.

Not sure Gerrard will get a better job, he'll probably have to drop into the Championship.
He is a shoe on for the England job after Southgate I guess.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just out of interest .
Who do we think will be the next England manager.
I would go Howe or Potter.
Won't be Potter, unless Southgate has many more years to go at England, and Potter has had enough time at Chelsea. He has only just joined Chelsea, so can't see him leaving that post in the next few years, unless sacked

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
With regard to the Gerrard comments, why do people think that good players will automatically become good managers? They didn’t start playing in the first team at a big Premiership club so why do their first managerial jobs start at big clubs? Surely they would be better starting off in the lower leagues- or won’t their egos let them?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
With regard to the Gerrard comments, why do people think that good players will automatically become good managers? They didn’t start playing in the first team at a big Premiership club so why do their first managerial jobs start at big clubs? Surely they would be better starting off in the lower leagues- or won’t their egos let them?
Gerrard did start playing at a big prem team.
As did Lampard & Neville ?‍♂️

D

Deleted member 29109

Gerrard did start in a lower league.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just out of interest .
Who do we think will be the next England manager.
I would go Howe or Potter.
If it is after this world cup then I don't see either of those being attracted by the job. Both are in great jobs right now, jobs and situations that may not be there again for them in the future.

Both would be ideal but it is not in their interest at the moment, imo.

The question is then who next? I'm not sure I have the answer to that, not very helpful ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Forest deserved the win , worked very hard and got their three points

Not sure what’s more pathetic - the display from the or the Forest fans and their chants about a disaster where fans lost their lives.

What is going on right now with football fans thinking it’s acceptable- the toxic atmosphere that’s growing in the grounds right now is ugly and it’s going to come to head soon

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Big win for Everton today. After 3 tough games, no points, we have a reasonable run of games before the world cup break. Palace first up, 3 points, DCL gets his first goal in an age, happy days.
Great result, Onward and Upward!

Also there have been quite a few matches and when I first came on I thought Phil T F had locked the Footie Thread as there was so little comment!