The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
If ever the term, "Parking the bus" was more apt, it was in last nights game. Especially the first half.
It is, unfortunately, where we are at and is by (necessary) design. After leaking so many goals in 3 games, it’s a case of finding our game defensively before trying to become prolific goal scorers. A case of not running before you can walk.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Great result and, more importantly, a fantastic performance from all the players.
Possibly United's best performance of the season.
I'd give Fred the Man of the Match .............................. and I never thought I'd EVER say that!

Swango1980

Visit site
Definitely the best I've seen Utd play in a long long time. Casemiro starting to look settled, and Martinez and Varane look class.

Dalot and Fred surprisingly starting to impress me, despite my questioning of Fred's finishing. Bruno looked far less wasteful tonight, looked to keep possession more than always play the killer pass. Great goal.

I'm sure the big story will be Ronaldo leaving the bench and going down the tunnel 5 minutes before end of game. If Ten Hag never intended in having him as an integral part of the team, fair enough, he is the boss. But if so, I wish they'd let Ronaldo leave last summer.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Definitely the best I've seen Utd play in a long long time. Casemiro starting to look settled, and Martinez and Varane look class.

Dalot and Fred surprisingly starting to impress me, despite my questioning of Fred's finishing. Bruno looked far less wasteful tonight, looked to keep possession more than always play the killer pass. Great goal.

I'm sure the big story will be Ronaldo leaving the bench and going down the tunnel 5 minutes before end of game. If Ten Hag never intended in having him as an integral part of the team, fair enough, he is the boss. But if so, I wish they'd let Ronaldo leave last summer.

If that's his attitude, he can go tonight!
However, perhaps he just needed a dump and is suffering with constipation? :eek:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Nunez £85m
Van Dyk £76m
Alisson £56m
Keita £54m
Benteke £42
Fabinho £40m
Jota £40m
Salah £38m
Mane £37m
Firminho £37

Bless poor old Liverpool with their empty coffers, barely able to put a transfer together :rolleyes:

Somewhere out there, if you listen really hard, you will hear the world's tiniest violin playing :ROFLMAO:

Here we go, someone else who hasnt a clue and despite the amount of times it gets said, you still convenirntly overlook the obvious.

I wont go into 5 paragraphs, but look who has spent more money than us over the last 5 years and also the nett spend which is key - but apparently so hard to ignore for some god knows why reason..

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best Utd performance of the season last night against a strong and well organised Spurs team. If Rashford looked up before he shoots we'd have had a couple more. That said the whole team were great and full of energy. Dalot and Bruno in particular were excellent. I was surprised Conte left it so long to make changes.

The atmosphere in the stadium was amazing. When the players put a shift in like that the crowd really gets going. Fingers crossed for some consistency ?

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Here we go, someone else who hasnt a clue and despite the amount of times it gets said, you still convenirntly overlook the obvious.

I wont go into 5 paragraphs, but look who has spent more money than us over the last 5 years and also the nett spend which is key - but apparently so hard to ignore for some god knows why reason..
I don't care what liverpool spend, I don't care what any team spends. I care that my team have wasted millions but that's a parochial issue. Pretty much only liverpool care about this issue. Some spend more than others, it's always been that way. Keep going on this line but it's hollow to every other supporter out there.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well that was a game of 60/30 last night, thought we controlled it for 60mins until Klopp made 3 unneccessary (imo) changes. Out of the 5 he made only 1 made sense.

They unbalanced the team and we let West Ham into the game.

Still not back to our best but i'll take the last 2 performances/results given the start we've made.

Swango1980

Visit site
I don't care what liverpool spend, I don't care what any team spends. I care that my team have wasted millions but that's a parochial issue. Pretty much only liverpool care about this issue. Some spend more than others, it's always been that way. Keep going on this line but it's hollow to every other supporter out there.
I wouldn't worry about it. It appears those associated with Liverpool like to whinge about clubs with more money than them. More importantly, they absolutely must remind everyone that Liverpool FC make and spend money in the right and proper way, not like these clubs richer than them with super rich owners. I suppose this is to remind everyone that Liverpool FC is the biggest and best run club in the world.

They don't care about all those clubs poorer than them. They are just either poorly run, or have an inferior fan base. Deal with it. :)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. It appears those associated with Liverpool like to whinge about clubs with more money than them. More importantly, they absolutely must remind everyone that Liverpool FC make and spend money in the right and proper way, not like these clubs richer than them with super rich owners. I suppose this is to remind everyone that Liverpool FC is the biggest and best run club in the world.

They don't care about all those clubs poorer than them. They are just either poorly run, or have an inferior fan base. Deal with it. :)
Duly admonished ?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Arsenal, possibly Spurs fans not bothered about what has happened to Chelsea, City?

Keep fooling yourself.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Arsenal, possibly Spurs fans not bothered about what has happened to Chelsea, City?

Keep fooling yourself.
It's been happening for years, there is nothing new here. Arsenal and Spurs have been out spent by the likes of Utd and Liverpool for a long time. The source of money is different with these clubs but the outcome is the same and that is all fans notice or really care about.