The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Always a pen. No idea how it wasn't given on field and then took about a month for VAR to decide?! Madness. It's so clear the problem isn't var but the people running it.

Cracking save from Ali. Nunez looks up for it. Great header and could have had another.

Don't expect West Ham to be as poor second half, reds definitely need another.

Could be a great second half if we continue the way we finished

Swango1980

Visit site
Ok VAR get involved and that is a pen .. 100%

However ... How on earth did the ref miss that? It was high, wreckless and didn't get any of the ball

The standard of officials is terrible

Good save Allison
I suspect VAR has had a direct impact on on field decisions.

Pre VAR, the ref had to make a decision based on their instinct (when not 100% sure, but maybe 60, 70% sure). In this case, his instinct may well have told him penalty.

With VAR now, I suspect quite a few on field refs take the easy decision, and do nothing, and assume VAR will make the big decision if necessary.

Swango1980

Visit site
I can't ever remember seeing Rashford challenge an opponent for a header, he just bottles out the whole time.
Agreed. He is good at a half hearted jump, to make it look like he is trying. Well, actually, not that good at it as he fools no one.

Lloris having a worldy here. As such, expect Spurs to score 1st

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
If ever we needed proof that United need a striker, tonight's game is it!

As was the Newcastle game ............................................... oh, and the Omonia Nicosea game!!!!!

D

Deleted member 15344

Tough game with a changed team - subs clearly had an eye on the weekend as well , some great saves and the tackle by Milner at the end was outstanding

sunshine

Visit site
Rumors that Wolves are triggering Michael Beales release clause at QPR to bring him in as their new manager.

This is embarrassing as a Villa fan. It was strongly rumored that Beale was the genius behind Gerrards success as a manager and that he led the majority of the sessions, stats obsessed etc - we lost him in summer and while we have rotted since, he's taken QPR up the table and already linked to a prem job...

About time we pull the trigger on the shambles that is Gerrard. He's not a top manager.

The way it's being reported it's a done deal. I really hope Beale shows some integrity and turns it down. QPR have given him his break, I'd like to see him stay for a season at least, rather than walk out after 3 months.

Shocking journalism from the BBC though. They lead with: "Wolves have made QPR boss Michael Beale first choice to be their new manager." The article then goes on to list several other managers they have already approached who have turned them down. First choice :ROFLMAO: