The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As a Spurs fan, believe me you’ll change your mind after a few games.
Aurier is a liability and I’m glad we got rid of him.
Only Emerson Royal and Davidson Sanchez to go. Plus bring in a creative midfielder and only then we might be better to watch ?

another joyous night of Conte ball tonight I see ;)

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
another joyous night of Conte ball tonight I see ;)

It was actually a much better performance from Spurs tonight and we created enough chances to win the game, nothing like the Arsenal game where we defended far to deep, I wish we would play like we did tonight more often.

D

Deleted member 1740

Well that was a surprise, a formation of 4-2-4 and an ultra defensive TAA. I want the old TAA back1??

What a freekick though?

Rangers never really threatened, infact i was disappointed in their performance.

I've always had a soft spot for the teddy's since the days of Souness. My auld man always told me Souness was the greatest midfielder we had and growing up Souey was their manager.

I expected a rowdy away end, after the flares and "ultras" banner it was pretty tame. Nowhere near as loud as Brighton at the weekend.

Swango1980

Visit site
Rangers were awful, and the atmosphere was dull. I guess it should be expected from a Scottish club, who are poor. Started watching the Liverpool game, but ended up watching the Spurs game mainly. Despite 0-0, was more entertaining, competitive and much better atmosphere.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Good to see the promised crackdown on flares and smoke is being enforced :rolleyes:
I went to the community shield game, flares were let off in the Liverpool end, after they had scored I think. The way Leicesters ground is, the smoke just got to the top of the stadium and spread around the ground. The smell was rancid. Lord knows how folk with asthma etc go on.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
As a Spurs fan, believe me you’ll change your mind after a few games.
Aurier is a liability and I’m glad we got rid of him.
Only Emerson Royal and Davidson Sanchez to go. Plus bring in a creative midfielder and only then we might be better to watch ?

haha! I've already been warned by my spurs supporting mates and I seem to remember him being a bit bull-in-a-china-shop esque when he was at Spurs...we shall see. Mangala is an absolute game changer though. What is it about Belgian midfielders that make them all so bloody good??

Feel for you mate. I wasn't having ago at Forest in the summer I just thought the recruitment was bizarre, typified by the Lingard signing on crazy wages.

Benitez would be a terrible mistake IMO.

The volume of recruitment, we didn't have a choice about, so I don't have a problem with that, but finding out that Marinakis Jr was bringing in players without Cooper or Murphy having any knowledge is absolutely bonkers. Turns out Lingard was one (which makes LOADS of sense in hindsight) and Dennis was another, as was Freuler (although I think he can be a really good player for us)....How is the bloke expected to do his job when he's got players coming in that he's not even scouted.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
haha! I've already been warned by my spurs supporting mates and I seem to remember him being a bit bull-in-a-china-shop esque when he was at Spurs...we shall see. Mangala is an absolute game changer though. What is it about Belgian midfielders that make them all so bloody good??

The volume of recruitment, we didn't have a choice about, so I don't have a problem with that, but finding out that Marinakis Jr was bringing in players without Cooper or Murphy having any knowledge is absolutely bonkers. Turns out Lingard was one (which makes LOADS of sense in hindsight) and Dennis was another, as was Freuler (although I think he can be a really good player for us)....How is the bloke expected to do his job when he's got players coming in that he's not even scouted.
As an outsider though I'd have said Lingard and Dennis were your two best signings to be fair. Because we've actually seen them produce the goods in the Premier League. Not as cost effective though of course.

D

Deleted member 15344

Congratulations to Everton
Days : 10000
Years : 27
Managers : 10
Money Spent : 1 Billion
Trophies : Zero ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Been reading a few posts on FB about City not winning the champs league. Even Robbie Savage mentioned “this could be the year City win the Holy Grail”. That being the champions league. As a City fan I am seeing football I never ever thought I would see. Especially in a City shirt. Be nice to win it but it won’t change the happiness I am seeing tonight And last weekend.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Congratulations to Everton
Days : 10000
Years : 27
Managers : 10
Money Spent : 1 Billion
Trophies : Zero ?
you aren’t being critical though - you offer no critique at all , you don’t mention what the issues are , you just look at the results and then call them?

It’s almost as if you are waiting for Everton to not win so that you can post about it

At the end of the day they have won some of the biggest tournaments in football - that can never be taken away from them they may not win another but that doesn’t make them ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been reading a few posts on FB about City not winning the champs league. Even Robbie Savage mentioned “this could be the year City win the Holy Grail”. That being the champions league. As a City fan I am seeing football I never ever thought I would see. Especially in a City shirt. Be nice to win it but it won’t change the happiness I am seeing tonight And last weekend.
Haarland is getting all the plaudits ( rightly so).
But it’s the service to him that facilitates it.
Most PL teams are scared stiff of you.
Top CL teams are not that’s the difference for me.
You might win the CL but you will need to defend better than you have in the past .
As scoring isn’t a problem especially now that big fella is upfront.