The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good game tonight, end to end.

First half neither team took their chances

The super star subs win it with paquata brilliantly playing scamacca through for a lovely finish

Then areola with a point blank save to keep the 3 points and a vital clean sheet

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Wow Cooper signed a new contract with Forest until 2025 :eek:

Were gonna have one happy fan :)

Who, me? Was walking back from Co-Op on my lunch break, read the news and started sobbing uncontrollably haha! Absolutely the right decision.

At least it means he gets a better payout now :LOL:.

Interesting that the owner is so trigger happy at his club in Greece yet seemingly mellow here, so far...........

I *think* (hope!) that Marinakis;

a.) realises that the Premier League is a completely different kettle of fish to the Greek league, that they can just win without too much issue.

and

b.) has realised the task at hand for Cooper and that he needs to be given time to get it right.. 23 new players, the most ruthless league in the world...it's not going to magically happen after these players have played 9 hours of football together and basically had no pre-season together.

Either that or he's just happy to give him a better pay off when he inevitably rips up his contract and sacks him, to say thanks for everything.

Hopefully it's not the latter and he is given the time needed and if necessary goes down with him knowing he's our best chance of coming straight back up with the core squad they're building.

Buzzing for Monday night, the City Ground under the lights is going to be bouncing.