The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Percy is always bang on the money, seems like he's got a mole at every club.

Spoke to him 2 weeks ago apparently. Such disrespect for the best (by a long way) manager we’ve had at the club since Frank Clark in the early 90’s. That coupled with the fact the owners son recruited a number of players in the summer that cooper and his staff were unaware of. No wonder we’re struggling.

I was hoping the days of toxic ownership were behind us, but I was wrong, sadly.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Be a real shame if Cooper goes this early in the season after the summer you had but tonight as bad as it could be really and doesnt look like he knows what his best side is, not surprising but sadly not likely to get the time needed either

Villa are awful lately, could be far worse places to be going!

We are struggling to score goals but not conceding many... Its got 1-1 written all over it

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
think jon would take that result in a heartbeat!

Absolutely!

If I'm trying to stay positive - Newcastle didn't win til December last season, and look at them now. We've already got 4 points and are two wins away from Mid table....Granted, I'm not sure where those wins are coming from at the minute :D

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Absolutely!

If I'm trying to stay positive - Newcastle didn't win til December last season, and look at them now. We've already got 4 points and are two wins away from Mid table....Granted, I'm not sure where those wins are coming from at the minute :D

It takes a while to bed in a lot of new signings - Villa made about 7/8 when we got promoted! Fulham famously did something similar too (but got relegated).

The fortunate thing is - with the winter world cup, the second half of this season anything could happen! Your manager will get extra time with any players not play for their countries - you may find you do alright!

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
It takes a while to bed in a lot of new signings - Villa made about 7/8 when we got promoted! Fulham famously did something similar too (but got relegated).

The fortunate thing is - with the winter world cup, the second half of this season anything could happen! Your manager will get extra time with any players not play for their countries - you may find you do alright!

That's if he's still here - which I fear he won't be! He should be given the whole season, regardless of what happens, but our trigger happy owner won't see the long game - as he's used to firing managers at Olympiacos when they don't win every week (already on their 3rd manager of the season!), because the greek league is Mickey Mouse.

Cooper's had less than 2 months with this squad and is expected to have them firing on all cylinders and has people getting involved that shouldn't be involved with the day-to-day football operations. He needs to be given the time, but I'm afraid he won't get it.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's if he's still here - which I fear he won't be! He should be given the whole season, regardless of what happens, but our trigger happy owner won't see the long game - as he's used to firing managers at Olympiacos when they don't win every week (already on their 3rd manager of the season!), because the greek league is Mickey Mouse.

Cooper's had less than 2 months with this squad and is expected to have them firing on all cylinders and has people getting involved that shouldn't be involved with the day-to-day football operations. He needs to be given the time, but I'm afraid he won't get it.
Should at least give him the January window so you can sign another 13 more players if it's not working out IMO.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems sensible to have paid £20m for him then lol
Honestly not sure what's gone on with him. It seems he was bought by the club without Conte particularly wanting him. Conte has made comments that are basically saying he hasn't done much in training and is one for the future and not ready to play for now. I'd expect Doherty to get the nod in the next few Prem games, if not Perisic on the right with Sessegnon on the left.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sweet christ - now being reported that the whole Recruitment Team is under fire....despite the fact the Owner's son meddled with the recruitment in the summer...so the actual people who know what they're doing are under scrutiny, but the kid who's playing with his dad's toy is not. Couldn't make it up.

We had 12 months of having stability and letting people get on with their jobs...now we're back to the owners sticking their nose in and generally taking the club backwards. I was so hopeful we were out of this cycle, but apparently not.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
yep, just those 3.

I love, and still believe in Steve Cooper, but he will be gone tonight. And I expect Rafa to be announced in the next day or two, as the club approached him 2 weeks ago.

We’ve looked Better with Mangala and Aurier on the pitch (which I’d expect)….but nowhere near good enough.

300 mile round trip to watch them play Villa next Monday should be fun ??

As a Spurs fan, believe me you’ll change your mind after a few games.
Aurier is a liability and I’m glad we got rid of him.
Only Emerson Royal and Davidson Sanchez to go. Plus bring in a creative midfielder and only then we might be better to watch ?

4LEX

Visit site
Sweet christ - now being reported that the whole Recruitment Team is under fire....despite the fact the Owner's son meddled with the recruitment in the summer...so the actual people who know what they're doing are under scrutiny, but the kid who's playing with his dad's toy is not. Couldn't make it up.

We had 12 months of having stability and letting people get on with their jobs...now we're back to the owners sticking their nose in and generally taking the club backwards. I was so hopeful we were out of this cycle, but apparently not.

Feel for you mate. I wasn't having ago at Forest in the summer I just thought the recruitment was bizarre, typified by the Lingard signing on crazy wages.

Benitez would be a terrible mistake IMO.