The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've read that his "destination clubs" when starting his career were Barca, Real and United.

Every club before then is basically a stepping stone for 3/4 years to learn and develop. They chose City to develop under one of the best managers ever on top of obvious CL chances etc

With how things have changed in the last 3 years or so in the footballing finance world, if pep stays at city I think Haaland will too. Spanish teams just don't seem to be able to compete at the moment.
Madrid were going to buy Mbappe in the summer with a package that was off the charts. If they want to buy any player, they can find the money. Barca are in trouble, all relative of course, but somehow Real keep finding the cash.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back to the real world, could a loss tonight see another manager out of the door? It really shouldn't but Rodgers in particular must be on wobbly ground. It shouldn't be an issue for Cooper but the owner can be a bit trigger happy so you never know.

Looking forward to it as a game, not sure their own supporters will be though.

Swango1980

Visit site
Back to the real world, could a loss tonight see another manager out of the door? It really shouldn't but Rodgers in particular must be on wobbly ground. It shouldn't be an issue for Cooper but the owner can be a bit trigger happy so you never know.

I just hope Vardy doesn't play. I've Haaland and Foden in my draft side, so my team has already had a good week. Sadly I put Trossard on the bench. No idea why, as he was up against an out of form side, with one of the worst Premier League right backs of all time :) . But, if Vardy stays off the pitch, I get another 20 points to my weekly tally, and 3 players in my team with hat tricks

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I just hope Vardy doesn't play. I've Haaland and Foden in my draft side, so my team has already had a good week. Sadly I put Trossard on the bench. No idea why, as he was up against an out of form side, with one of the worst Premier League right backs of all time :) . But, if Vardy stays off the pitch, I get another 20 points to my weekly tally, and 3 players in my team with hat tricks
That's not bad scoring :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haaland has taken the fun out of fantasy league. The leagues I'm in can be broadly divided into three sections - people who had Haaland since the beginning at the top, people who have wildcarded him in later in the middle (this is where I am), and people who still don't have him because they've given up already. No chance of me catching the top group because everyone has Haaland as captain every week.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Haaland has taken the fun out of fantasy league. The leagues I'm in can be broadly divided into three sections - people who had Haaland since the beginning at the top, people who have wildcarded him in later in the middle (this is where I am), and people who still don't have him because they've given up already. No chance of me catching the top group because everyone has Haaland as captain every week.

Better category names:

Sensible football fans
Bandwagon fans
Idiots....

Better time the triple captain well! Or maybe take risks in your midfield to catch up

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Its damaged the draft far more than the normal fantasy where basically one person has a huge huge advantage it seems

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its damaged the draft far more than the normal fantasy where basically one person has a huge huge advantage it seems
Yeah, I knew there was a reason I don't bother with drafts. :LOL:

Better category names:

Sensible football fans
Bandwagon fans
Idiots....

Better time the triple captain well! Or maybe take risks in your midfield to catch up
You can't call it a bandwagon, we were literally forced into it. The guy is scoring a weekly hat-trick ffs. You either get him in or you stop playing FPL until next season.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yes, me :)

And I was second pick. Salah went first. Given the way Salah finished the second half of last season (poor), and the type of player Haaland was and the team he was going to, I'd have Haaland all day long, with first pick. Obviously he has done better than most would think, but he is a goal machine.

However, I'm only second in the draft league as it stands. Bamford and Vardy have been useless

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Yes, me :)

And I was second pick. Salah went first. Given the way Salah finished the second half of last season (poor), and the type of player Haaland was and the team he was going to, I'd have Haaland all day long, with first pick. Obviously he has done better than most would think, but he is a goal machine.

However, I'm only second in the draft league as it stands. Bamford and Vardy have been useless

you want to try having had last pick in the first round ???

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Id take Rogers, 100%

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yeah, I knew there was a reason I don't bother with drafts. :LOL:

You can't call it a bandwagon, we were literally forced into it. The guy is scoring a weekly hat-trick ffs. You either get him in or you stop playing FPL until next season.

You were silly enough not to include him from the off, that's your old stupid fault! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site

I'm looking forward to it *right now*, because I'm hopeful that we might change formation and see Mangala, O'Brien and Niakhate back in the starting lineup.

When team gets released at 7pm and we're starting Cook at the back in a back 3, I'll start stressing about it :D

As you say, I think the loser tonight sees the manager gone. Something I don't agree with, with regards to Cooper. I genuinely believe he is the man for the job long term - but needs time to figure out a.) how to be a top flight manager (this is his first go) and b.) to get the best combinations of starting XI's - as I've said before I think we're still really in pre-season, or just coming to the end, due to the amount of time the team have had together.

Hopefully the international break has paid dividends and we see it all start to come together tonight and get back on some sort of run of form (with some winnable games coming up)...but I do fear the worst with Marinakis being a bit of a loose cannon. Watch us fire Cooper and bring in Benitez :(

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In Championship news, Chris Wilder has been sacked at Middlesbrough. I thought he would be a good match for them but it hasn't worked. A shame.
The right decision. I thought he’d be a good appointment and he had a good start. He has proved to be a bit tactically naive with no plan b. It also seemed like he was almost trying to get sacked. It wouldn’t surprise me if he is announced as Bournemouth manager this week. Not sure who’ll take over for Boro. Rob Edwards is favourite. Not exactly successful in his most recent appointment. I’d take anyone over Dyche mind. No idea how he is second favourite. He hates Middlesbrough and Boro fans hate him.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm looking forward to it *right now*, because I'm hopeful that we might change formation and see Mangala, O'Brien and Niakhate back in the starting lineup.

When team gets released at 7pm and we're starting Cook at the back in a back 3, I'll start stressing about it :D

As you say, I think the loser tonight sees the manager gone. Something I don't agree with, with regards to Cooper. I genuinely believe he is the man for the job long term - but needs time to figure out a.) how to be a top flight manager (this is his first go) and b.) to get the best combinations of starting XI's - as I've said before I think we're still really in pre-season, or just coming to the end, due to the amount of time the team have had together.

Hopefully the international break has paid dividends and we see it all start to come together tonight and get back on some sort of run of form (with some winnable games coming up)...but I do fear the worst with Marinakis being a bit of a loose cannon. Watch us fire Cooper and bring in Benitez :(
So how are your thoughts now the team-sheet has been released?