The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great piece by Gary Neville Englands best ever RB on TAA on MNF.
As I’ve said on here many times,absolutely superb going forward but a shocking RB.
Hopefully he watches it and improves his defending,because he should be in the England squad for the WC.
Unfortunately I feel that decision has already been made.

Swango1980

Visit site
Don’t forget he’ll have his feet up watching the World Cup, so probably even stronger 2nd half of the season.
He'll be a big loss at the World Cup. Always would be intrigued to have a team at the World Cup made up of the best players whose countries didn't qualify. Yes, not a realistic prospect or a serious proposition, but would be intriguing

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great piece by Gary Neville Englands best ever RB on TAA on MNF.
As I’ve said on here many times,absolutely superb going forward but a shocking RB.
Hopefully he watches it and improves his defending,because he should be in the England squad for the WC.
Unfortunately I feel that decision has already been made.
Yes I saw that.
I have to say he’s right.
But he did say missing the World Cup might do him a favour if he puts the time to good use.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Leicester have had to do nothing really to get a 3-0 lead, Forest are absolutely murder.
I'd be worried about Leicester as well going forward, they don't look good at the back.

On another note, why does James Maddison not get a shout for England.

D

Deleted member 15344

Leicester have had to do nothing really to get a 3-0 lead, Forest are absolutely murder.
I'd be worried about Leicester as well going forward, they don't look good at the back.

Because he is an attacking creative player that Southgate doesn’t have a clue about how to play him or fit him into the team

And imo will challenge Derby for the worst points total - it’s staggering what they did in the transfer window and this is a consequence of it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Strong rumours of bad attitude.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
3 at a guess of tonights starting XI; Cook McKenna and Johnson

Might be 1 in their next game lol
yep, just those 3.

I love, and still believe in Steve Cooper, but he will be gone tonight. And I expect Rafa to be announced in the next day or two, as the club approached him 2 weeks ago.

We’ve looked Better with Mangala and Aurier on the pitch (which I’d expect)….but nowhere near good enough.

300 mile round trip to watch them play Villa next Monday should be fun ??

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
yep, just those 3.

I love, and still believe in Steve Cooper, but he will be gone tonight. And I expect Rafa to be announced in the next day or two, as the club approached him 2 weeks ago.

We’ve looked Better with Mangala and Aurier on the pitch (which I’d expect)….but nowhere near good enough.

300 mile round trip to watch them play Villa next Monday should be fun ??

Be a real shame if Cooper goes this early in the season after the summer you had but tonight as bad as it could be really and doesnt look like he knows what his best side is, not surprising but sadly not likely to get the time needed either

Villa are awful lately, could be far worse places to be going!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Strong rumours of bad attitude.

often labelled at players from outside the big clubs who don’t get picked.

players with apparent good attitudes then: Cantona, Keane, Sheringham, Terry, Di Caneo, Carragher, Gazza etc etc. I could give you a list of reasons against all of them where you could question there attitude off the pitch, but judge players on what they do on it.

He should be in the squad and he should be close to the team, but as already mentioned Southgate has not got a clue how to manage any player who does not defend first. Watch Grealish and Foden play a major role for the best team in the world as they ripped United a new one at the weekend, but then watch Southgate continue to waste that talent he has at his disposal. Neither of those 2 feature in his sides apart from brief cameos off the bench……truly shocking. He should be building a side around them, but prefers attacking players who track back better rather than the best attacking players!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
often labelled at players from outside the big clubs who don’t get picked.

players with apparent good attitudes then: Cantona, Keane, Sheringham, Terry, Di Caneo, Carragher, Gazza etc etc. I could give you a list of reasons against all of them where you could question there attitude off the pitch, but judge players on what they do on it.

He should be in the squad and he should be close to the team, but as already mentioned Southgate has not got a clue how to manage any player who does not defend first. Watch Grealish and Foden play a major role for the best team in the world as they ripped United a new one at the weekend, but then watch Southgate continue to waste that talent he has at his disposal. Neither of those 2 feature in his sides apart from brief cameos off the bench……truly shocking. He should be building a side around them, but prefers attacking players who track back better rather than the best attacking players!

To be fair di canio was a fascist lol who pushes refs over