The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But, they announce the subs and everything as if there was a crowd there...?
Prob just a requirement of the league.
It dosnt really make sense.
But without the crowds there are still a lot of people in the stadium.
But there must be a reason it’s a good question.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Obviously because he didn’t see the kick at first.
Yes but by changing his decision he admits he got it wrong in real time.
He had a perfect view of it.
How many people on here have the luxury of someone bailing them out when they cock up in work.
Not many I would guess.
He didn’t give a pen until VAR told him he had missed something right in front of him.
I am not saying it’s not a foul but it’s wide open to interpretation and that’s the problem.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes but by changing his decision he admits he got it wrong in real time.
He had a perfect view of it.
How many people on here have the luxury of someone bailing them out when they cock up in work.
Not many I would guess.
He didn’t give a pen until VAR told him he had missed something right in front of him.
I am not saying it’s not a foul but it’s wide open to interpretation and that’s the problem.
So he missed a clear and obvious kick? Sounds like a perfect example of how VAR should work.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why do you persist with the use of the word "accidental"?

It is completely irrelevant.

Robertson made an effort to play the ball but failed and instead made contact with the player.

It is a foul, whatever you think about his intent, and thus quite rightly a penalty.

Many fouls are as a result of a genuine attempt to play the ball that failed.
But not every contact is a foul, what makes this one any different! Players catch each other all over the field, it’s a contact sport.

D

Deleted member 1740

Can't wait for fans to get back in stafiums, I've missed hearing the BOOOOOOOO'S at full time from Goodison??

D

Deleted member 18588

But not every contact is a foul, what makes this one any different! Players catch each other all over the field, it’s a contact sport.
They haven't just collided or made contact. Robertson has attempted to play the ball but ended up playing the man, albeit not massive contact.

However, that contact was enough to impede Welbeck and thus it is a foul.

A large number of fouls may be seen as unintentional and, thus, not attract a card but they are still fouls.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So he missed a clear and obvious kick? Sounds like a perfect example of how VAR should work.
What about every pull ,push , shirt pull in the box should VAR tell him he has missed it?
In your quote that’s how VAR should work.

Everyone knows there are fouls in the game that would never be given in the box for a pen.
That’s one of them for me.

D

Deleted member 16999

They haven't just collided or made contact. Robertson has attempted to play the ball but ended up playing the man, albeit not massive contact.

However, that contact was enough to impede Welbeck and thus it is a foul.

A large number of fouls may be seen as unintentional and, thus, not attract a card but they are still fouls.
It didn’t impede Welbeck at all, he knocked the ball away, didn’t fall down and didn’t even appeal, from what I watched he took it as nothing more than part of the game.

A large number of coming togethers are unitentional and, thus, not attract anything, ie Play on.

D

Deleted member 18588

It didn’t impede Welbeck at all, he knocked the ball away, didn’t fall down and didn’t even appeal, from what I watched he took it as nothing more than part of the game.

A large number of coming togethers are unitentional and, thus, not attract anything, ie Play on.
None of that alters the fact that it was a foul.

Have we not, on a number of occasions, on here criticised players for going to ground too easily to be sure of getting the decision.

Are we now saying that if they don't go down it shouldn't be a penalty?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Have we not, on a number of occasions, on here criticised players for going to ground too easily to be sure of getting the decision.

It was a foul under the letter of the law.
But how many times have you heard “ outside the box that’s a foul but you will never get a penalty for that”
That’s the problem imo if it’s a foul it’s a foul, dosnt matter where it is .
Refs have caused this problem themselves by not being consistent.
I havnt seen a pen given for shirt pulling for ages but have seen lots of shirt pulling so why havnt VAR reported them to the ref like they did today.
Ref was right by that today and didn’t give anything.
By reversing his decision he has proved his own incompetence.

D

Deleted member 16999

He could of dived like an Olympic gymnast for me mate and it was still not a penalty imo.

Honestly, if that’s a penalty I well and truly give up and I have defended VAR on here plenty of times.