The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Neither was the City match. Weird how they did that and not noticed it before. Looked like the chances were even between the sides and didn't even show the awful challenge on Grealish in the first half. Oh and the Southampton keeper time wasting from the 20th minute :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Time wasting is only an issue when it’s happens against a team playing in Red ?

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If doing so is going to cost them there job or being demoted then theyre not going to are they, and thats clearly where were at sadly with them all towing the party line. If thats the case dont call them to the machine just make and own the decision upstairs
In that case we don't need referees. let's have someone sitting in an office somewhere directing the game from there. If I was Mike Riley I'd be demoting Craig Pawson VAR and and our old Friend Kevin for that piece of total incompetent.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
0 from 3 = seriously I never ever expect VAR to decide in our favour.
Amanda it’s got to a stage were I struggle to watch a game without VAR ruining it. And I certainly don’t just mean the City games.
That aside I thought Southampton were excellent yesterday. It just was not out day.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Amanda it’s got to a stage were I struggle to watch a game without VAR ruining it. And I certainly don’t just mean the City games.
That aside I thought Southampton were excellent yesterday. It just was not out day.

Agreed on both counts. Phenominal work-rate and if I was a Chelsea fan I'd want that lad with the big chin back pronto!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Do you think everything was correct with your goal, then?

The guy who scored was offside earlier in the move, and although the ball went to his mate, he still had a significant advantage as he had got a few yards clear of our defence for when he put it in.

Soft, soft pen. If Jota hadnt have taken one step towards the goalie which helped to instigate the contact, I would have said it was a pen, but that one step made it less of a pen to me, or no pen for me.

Our goal didn't have the player trying to play the ball (from what I saw), which rendered him not interfering with play, yours jumped trying to head it, so clearly interfering with play and therefore offside

Swango1980

Visit site
Our goal didn't have the player trying to play the ball (from what I saw), which rendered him not interfering with play, yours jumped trying to head it, so clearly interfering with play and therefore offside
The Liverpool goal was never offside in a million years. It doesn't matter if he tried to play it or not. If he had just stood there, you could still argue he "interferes" with play simply by being there, as he'd play on the mind of the defenders. But, it is irrelevant. He didn't touch the ball. Had he touched the ball, then it would have been offside.

The only way it would be offside is if they rewrote the offside law. And then how would you define "try to play the ball"? A full jump? A full stretch of the leg? A half hearted stretch of the leg? Glancing at the ball and half a pace towards it but giving up?

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can't type too much at the moment as still not calmed down, but as soon as I saw Kevin Friend as the ref I knew we would be talking about decisions rather than football. It's a massive shame as it was a cracking game and some superb football from both sides. Liverpool are class, but that second half from us was simply brilliant.....until......arghhhhhhh!!!!

D

Deleted member 16999

The Liverpool goal was never offside in a million years. It doesn't matter if he tried to play it or not. If he had just stood there, you could still argue he "interferes" with play simply by being there, as he'd play on the mind of the defenders. But, it is irrelevant. He didn't touch the ball. Had he touched the ball, then it would have been offside.

The only way it would be offside is if they rewrote the offside law. And then how would you define "try to play the ball"? A full jump? A full stretch of the leg? A half hearted stretch of the leg? Glancing at the ball and half a pace towards it but giving up?
The rule doesn’t say a player has to touch the ball:

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
No need for a rewrite then.:rolleyes:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I can't type too much at the moment as still not calmed down, but as soon as I saw Kevin Friend as the ref I knew we would be talking about decisions rather than football. It's a massive shame as it was a cracking game and some superb football from both sides. Liverpool are class, but that second half from us was simply brilliant.....until......arghhhhhhh!!!!

Pretty much my thoughts too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Play like that and you are going to cause some issues to teams

Would happily see Olise as a future Salah replacement

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

Absolute tosh!

I've seen plenty of offside decisions where a player doesn't touch the ball. Firmino was in an offside position and was active and therfore off side

4LEX

Visit site
Olise is a class act. Quick, skilful and a great strike with his left.

He will be at a big club in a few years.