The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You sure?
Utd closed the gap today:)
I can't type too much at the moment as still not calmed down, but as soon as I saw Kevin Friend as the ref I knew we would be talking about decisions rather than football. It's a massive shame as it was a cracking game and some superb football from both sides. Liverpool are class, but that second half from us was simply brilliant.....until......arghhhhhhh!!!!

Is Friend the worse referee? Surely Dean is the poorest ref on the panel

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

I’ll raise your Mike Dean and give you Chris Kavanagh. A truly awful referee who has considerable history of going to the pitch side monitor to review his decisions, only to then make a bigger Horlicks of it than he did in real time.

Should not be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I’ll raise your Mike Dean and give you Chris Kavanagh. A truly awful referee who has considerable history of going to the pitch side monitor to review his decisions, only to then make a bigger Horlicks of it than he did in real time.

Should not be allowed anywhere near a football pitch.
It's Atkinson for me. Truly atrocious.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Yes the very worst. At least Dean makes decisions and sticks to them. Friend ignores loads of things and then stands like a plank when later in the game he realises he's lost control. We were on his back a lot earlier than the pen, he was useless all day, absolutely useless. Incompetent beyond words.

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our goal didn't have the player trying to play the ball (from what I saw), which rendered him not interfering with play, yours jumped trying to head it, so clearly interfering with play and therefore offside
If the defenders push up to play him offside he is impacting on their play.
But your right the way the rules are now he’s not offside.
Just another rule they have “ updated “ and made an absolute mess of.

The only reason I can see for the pen was they thought Jotta would get the ball.
Shocking standard of refs in the PL but not much has been done about it.
Some great football from both sides.