The Cricket Thread

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
King KP is getting some heat... will he change his spots.. unlikely

https://twitter.com/hashtag/StandingWithAnnie
Sadly, he will be loving the attention. Like any rent a gob with an over inflated opinion of themselves he will simply see all of those people as part of the problem. The harshest thing you can do to him, and others of his ilk, is ignore him. That would drive him crazy.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never had you down as a snidey cheat ?
Nothing snidey about that, the batsman has had a total mare :LOL:. You always make sure the ball is caught, the finger is up etc before you leave your crease. Walking is different but he was plain negligent.

In golfing terms he was playing matchplay, missed the putt and picked up the ball before his opponent gave it to him. It's on him.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nothing snidey about that, the batsman has had a total mare :LOL:. You always make sure the ball is caught, the finger is up etc before you leave your crease. Walking is different but he was plain negligent.

In golfing terms he was playing matchplay, missed the putt and picked up the ball before his opponent gave it to him. It's on him.

In golfing terms it would be like playing against that ? end you always have at the club ?

greenone

Visit site
I think the batsman is a plank there in all honesty. That comes from a former batsman :LOL:. The bowler whipping the bails off when a batsman is backing up, not excessively, grinds my gears but in this instance I think he is fair game. Sorry @Beezerk :D
I a bit of an barney with a batsman last year I was 3 yds from the stumps and he was leaving his crease. I whipped the bails off and and told him next time I'd appeal. Plenty was said.

In the case on the video, not out he wasn't attempting to score runs.

RichA

Visit site
I a bit of an barney with a batsman last year I was 3 yds from the stumps and he was leaving his crease. I whipped the bails off and and told him next time I'd appeal. Plenty was said.

In the case on the video, not out he wasn't attempting to score runs.
Does that not only apply if the umpire has called a no ball?

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Does that not only apply if the umpire has called a no ball?

it wont apply if it was a dead ball ... but the ball was still very much in play.. I cant fathom how the batsman did not even turn around to look at the keeper... Just out of self preservation/curiosity, you will expect him to turn and look. Unless he was in a hurry to get down to the pub..

greenone

Visit site
it wont apply if it was a dead ball ... but the ball was still very much in play.. I cant fathom how the batsman did not even turn around to look at the keeper... Just out of self preservation/curiosity, you will expect him to turn and look. Unless he was in a hurry to get down to the pub..
The umpire should declare dead ball as soon as the slip attempts to run him out.

greenone

Visit site
That doesn't cover this situation.
Yes it does, the batsman mistakingly thinks the catch has been taken so begins to walk off the pitch , he was not given out by the umpire. I assume the pavilion is at long on so what would happen if the bowler was bowling from the other end? He'd never leave his crease as he was walking back to the pavilion

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
The umpire should declare dead ball as soon as the slip attempts to run him out.
Don't see why. The ball wasn't dead.
Batter screwed up. Slip was a dick. No need for ump to intervene until the captain seeks permission to call the batter back.

greenone

Visit site
You're clearly the expert. You read it then spell it out condescendingly for me please.

An umpire shall intervene if satisfied that a batter, not having been given out, has left the wicket under a misapprehension of being out. The umpire intervening shall call and signal Dead ball to prevent any further action by the fielding side and shall recall the batter.