The all things EV chat thread

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can add the BYD Seal to the list... about the same size and range as the Mach e but 3.8secs 0-62mph

It’s also a really, really nice car for the most part.

Its massive let down is the controls being buried in layer after layer of menus. Its just incredibly dangerous to access even basic, everyday functions.

If they can sort that out through over air updates to redesign the layout then it would be very, very high up on my list.

For those looking for a compact SUV type crossover then the Atto 3 is surprisingly decent looking, well equipped and relatively cheap. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the overall quality.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
So you don't risk killing someone else through arrogance?
You do talk some tripe at times.

I drive long distances weekly. I’ll easily do Spalding to Liverpool in one go, have a 2 hour meeting and then drive to Leeds without a stop. Drive from Spalding to Glasgow in one hit no worries too. If I feel a bit tired then I stop but plotting out a journey to stop each and every couple of hours is not something I will do….

Until I get my BMW i4 and I am forced to under duress because the useless thing will only do 250 odd miles on a charge. Bloody EV W soon to be. 🤬

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone has different limits though don’t they and even they can vary. Plenty of times I’ve done Southampton to Hartlepool non stop and several times I’ve felt like I need to stop so I have done. The sensible choice is to stop when you feel you need to, not being forced to stop every 2 hours.

When you feel you need to can be dangerous aswell tho, like thirst, when you feel your thirsty your already dehydrated so top up with little drinks at intervals

Same attuide with drink driving, some can handle it some can't. Luckily we have the law to protect us.

Doesn't hurt to plan regular stops for a little recharge of yourself

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
When you feel you need to can be dangerous aswell tho, like thirst, when you feel your thirsty your already dehydrated so top up with little drinks at intervals

Same attuide with drink driving, some can handle it some can't. Luckily we have the law to protect us.

Doesn't hurt to plan regular stops for a little recharge of yourself

Yes, we have the law to stop drink driving, but unless you are operating a commercial vehicle people are free to use their common sense (or lack of) and drive for whatever they are comfortable with. Unfortunately in some cases, they get it wrong.

You’re going down the route of having to be correct again and it’s getting pretty tiresome reading the back and forth tit for tat arguing over peoples different opinions.

You’ve stated your opinion, others have stated there. Let’s just leave it at that.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, we have the law to stop drink driving, but unless you are operating a commercial vehicle people are free to use their common sense (or lack of) and drive for whatever they are comfortable with. Unfortunately in some cases, they get it wrong.

You’re going down the route of having to be correct again and it’s getting pretty tiresome reading the back and forth tit for tat arguing over peoples different opinions.

You’ve stated your opinion, others have stated there. Let’s just leave it at that.

To be fair Steve it had been left for a long time until someone else popped up having a pop about it when me and fade had stopped discussing it over 2 hours ago

So maybe have a word with those carrying on a discussion that's been moved on from?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair Steve it had been left for a long time until someone else popped up having a pop about it when me and fade had stopped discussing it over 2 hours ago

So maybe have a word with those carrying on a discussion that's been moved on from?

I’m not sure 2 hours is a long time for the average forum user 🤷🏼‍♂️. I logged on and read it as one conversation, I didn’t really pay attention to what time the posts were made.

I’ll send the others a DM so as not to clog the thread up.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not sure 2 hours is a long time for the average forum user 🤷🏼‍♂️. I logged on and read it as one conversation, I didn’t really pay attention to what time the posts were made.

I’ll send the others a DM so as not to clog the thread up.

Well it was an entire page back so had to be gone looking for

Seems like more of having a pop for me "always needing to be correct" rather than others carrying on discussions with their penny's worth when it's been moved on for just for the sake of it.

Both adding nothing to the thread, or debate

But hey I'm the bad guy 👍

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Well it was an entire page back so had to be gone looking for

Seems like more of having a pop for me "always needing to be correct" rather than others carrying on discussions with their penny's worth when it's been moved on for just for the sake of it.

Both adding nothing to the thread, or debate

But hey I'm the bad guy 👍

I didn’t have to go looking for anything, the last post before mine was you replying to Cam. I then went back to the start of the conversation to read both sides of the argument.

but then you decide to tell me that stopping when you feel you need to isn’t good enough as it’s already too late. If I’m late to the party, then don’t reply quoting me….

Experience would tell me that you would always like your opinion to be right, but I thought I was quite balanced by saying both sides have stated their opinions. It wasn’t a pop at you.

If you want to appoint yourself the bad guy that’s fine, but I’d have thought our PM conversation this week would have shown I’m a bit more open minded.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To those who can (and do) drive for long periods without a break :
Do you sit at your desk and work for 7 hours straight without a break?
Do you sit in front of the TV for similar periods?
Why do you think driving is any different to these activities? Sat in one position it moving too much is not good for the body long term. You can’t be fully concentrating for that long a time without a break. It is not a nanny state, it is common sense

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn’t have to go looking for anything, the last post before mine was you replying to Cam. I then went back to the start of the conversation to read both sides of the argument.

but then you decide to tell me that stopping when you feel you need to isn’t good enough as it’s already too late. If I’m late to the party, then don’t reply quoting me….

Experience would tell me that you would always like your opinion to be right, but I thought I was quite balanced by saying both sides have stated their opinions. It wasn’t a pop at you.

If you want to appoint yourself the bad guy that’s fine, but I’d have thought our PM conversation this week would have shown I’m a bit more open minded.

Steve I apologise, your right your view was balanced. I just don't appreciate snide comments from others like "you do talk tripe" or "can't you think for yourself"

I've made my point, my view won't change on it so I'll leave it there.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
To those who can (and do) drive for long periods without a break :
Do you sit at your desk and work for 7 hours straight without a break?
Do you sit in front of the TV for similar periods?
Why do you think driving is any different to these activities? Sat in one position it moving too much is not good for the body long term. You can’t be fully concentrating for that long a time without a break. It is not a nanny state, it is common sense
I don’t have that sort of job so cannot compare, but what I like to do on long drives with the cruise control on is do various stretches and i massage my calves to help with circulation.👍

I don’t always do long stints, and if I feel groggy I will pull over for a break or even swap with my wife and let her drive for an hour or so.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

So people who might have been busy can’t then make a comment?

Last edited by a moderator: