The all things EV chat thread

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
View attachment 34099

Installed today

Cars been delayed slightly but because of Xmas etc prob be here in a few more weeks. Which is fine no rush.

Octupus energy been running a few weeks. Dishwasher and washing machine set to the cheap hours .. saving £2.50 a week already which will offset the £5 a week to run the car a bit

Impressed with podpoint for the install clever bit of tech

Can't wait to precondition the car before use .. no more waiting for car to demist .. get in a perfect warm car and the battery will be brought to correct heat preserving life a bit

Love a gadget

Why is it installed in doors?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
View attachment 34099

Installed today

Cars been delayed slightly but because of Xmas etc prob be here in a few more weeks. Which is fine no rush.

Octupus energy been running a few weeks. Dishwasher and washing machine set to the cheap hours .. saving £2.50 a week already which will offset the £5 a week to run the car a bit

Impressed with podpoint for the install clever bit of tech

Can't wait to precondition the car before use .. no more waiting for car to demist .. get in a perfect warm car and the battery will be brought to correct heat preserving life a bit

Love a gadget

Pre conditioning very much a welcome addition this morning. And looking at the weather tomorrow will make sure I have a toasty car after golf.

I charge at around 40% that takes me to full and makes use of the 4 hours cheap time.
DD247FF2-1AD0-4479-AF08-F9E623EA1FE4.png82408015-1A69-46B0-9FD6-DAE55B482790.png

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pre conditioning very much a welcome addition this morning. And looking at the weather tomorrow will make sure I have a toasty car after golf.

I charge at around 40% that takes me to full and makes use of the 4 hours cheap time.
View attachment 34122View attachment 34123

What car did you go for?

I'm very much looking forward to preconditioning

Just to get the car to an acceptable level .

Im not sure about the app for the Corsa , don't know how good it is

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
What car did you go for?

I'm very much looking forward to preconditioning

Just to get the car to an acceptable level .

Im not sure about the app for the Corsa , don't know how good it is

e208, only had it couple of weeks. Feels very planted as yours will with COG being centre of car. Really impressed with it. Was a good choice. Getting 150miles out of it with heating at 18degrees, initial blast with heated seats and a stint on the motorway. I have seen 189miles driving normally but no heating as I had a coat on. I was expecting 100-110 with my lead foot so it has exceeded expectations.

If it’s like mine which being a PSA offering I imagine it’s a generic app and will be the same as it shares the same infotainment system bar colour scheme - it’s average (like Volkswagens we connect - probably the same developer) , and takes a few 20min journeys to activate.
Also the dealer needs to make sure the car is registered to the PSA servers for it to work. If your phone, car, key won’t sync together then you know they haven’t done it. A phone call sorts it as it’s OTA.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
e208, only had it couple of weeks. Feels very planted as yours will with COG being centre of car. Really impressed with it. Was a good choice. Getting 150miles out of it with heating at 18degrees, initial blast with heated seats and a stint on the motorway. I have seen 189miles driving normally but no heating as I had a coat on. I was expecting 100-110 with my lead foot so it has exceeded expectations.

If it’s like mine which being a PSA offering I imagine it’s a generic app and will be the same as it shares the same infotainment system bar colour scheme - it’s average (like Volkswagens we connect - probably the same developer) , and takes a few 20min journeys to activate.
Also the dealer needs to make sure the car is registered to the PSA servers for it to work. If your phone, car, key won’t sync together then you know they haven’t done it. A phone call sorts it as it’s OTA.

We basically have the same car then! The Corsa e is the e208 boring cousin lol yours is more flash and out there. The Corsa is a plain Jane

I can't wait tho

Cheap running

I have the podpoint up and running

They said keep it between 20-80% and only do 100% for long trips

Also said once a month go down the rapid charge and give it a little boost

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
We basically have the same car then! The Corsa e is the e208 boring cousin lol yours is more flash and out there. The Corsa is a plain Jane

I can't wait tho

Cheap running

I have the podpoint up and running

They said keep it between 20-80% and only do 100% for long trips

Also said once a month go down the rapid charge and give it a little boost

Very much the same, our lass has the petrol variant.

They are the tips for looking after the battery but preconditioning can only be done above 50% (too much conservative limit as it only uses 3% battery)
Summer I can keep it within those tolerances but winter I’m plugging it to warm the car and with it being a three year lease I’m not worried about battery degradation.

Though I was lead to believe it was best to every now and again to run lithium batts down to empty and fully charge once in awhile.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Very much the same, our lass has the petrol variant.

They are the tips for looking after the battery but preconditioning can only be done above 50% (too much conservative limit as it only uses 3% battery)
Summer I can keep it within those tolerances but winter I’m plugging it to warm the car and with it being a three year lease I’m not worried about battery degradation.

Though I was lead to believe it was best to every now and again to run lithium batts down to empty and fully charge once in awhile.

I guess every tech has different tips I've heard s few diff ones already

Can't wait for it to arrive now. Whilst I enjoy driving my tank as I call it I will love the low cost and simple trips to work

We already moved to octupus, 5p at night . So one dishwasher and one washing machine loaf pushed to that window .. saving £2.50 a week with £5 to run the car a week it certainly adds up

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site

I've been driving our e208 for the last few weeks.
Has to go to Brighton the other week, range was showing as 124 miles. Drove economically as possible and it rose to 148 during the journey and was still reading 118 when I got back. That was a 50 mile round trip!!![/QUOTE]

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has to go to Brighton the other week, range was showing as 124 miles. Drove economically as possible and it rose to 148 during the journey and was still reading 118 when I got back. That was a 50 mile round trip!!!
[/QUOTE]

That's decent! I can't wait to get going on mine

Apparently wednesday they went to load it on the transport but vauxhall had put a hold on the car and they don't know why yet

Lease companies!

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
Has to go to Brighton the other week, range was showing as 124 miles. Drove economically as possible and it rose to 148 during the journey and was still reading 118 when I got back. That was a 50 mile round trip!!!

That’s some economical driving! ?

The Guess-o-meter throws some crazy numbers out there.

Best to look at your miles per KWh and times that number by 45 which will give you your accurate range.

For maximum WLTP range you want to aim for 4.7mi/KWh
I’ve seen 4.1 on a clear run with steady throttling, pulse and coast in D mode, dual carriageway and general look ahead for junctions and no heating or pre warm. I do usually get 3.1 in sport on my work route.

Done a 2mile journey to pick the missus up just and achieved 1.9. It doesn’t like short cold journeys.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That’s some economical driving! ?

The Guess-o-meter throws some crazy numbers out there.

Best to look at your miles per KWh and times that number by 45 which will give you your accurate range.

For maximum WLTP range you want to aim for 4.7mi/KWh
I’ve seen 4.1 on a clear run with steady throttling, pulse and coast in D mode, dual carriageway and general look ahead for junctions and no heating or pre warm. I do usually get 3.1 in sport on my work route.

Done a 2mile journey to pick the missus up just and achieved 1.9. It doesn’t like short cold journeys.

I would have thought short cold journeys would be perfect

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I would have thought short cold journeys would be perfect

The batteries need be a good temp to get optimal range. It was an 8 minute drive, very windy, uphill, rain, junctions I need to be quick off the mark as dangerous and no pre warm. The worst conditions for the car. If the batteries were sentient they’d be crying.

I was watching a vlog on electric cars and they say 3.5miles/KWh is the average to expect with normal driving with any electric car.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The batteries need be a good temp to get optimal range. It was an 8 minute drive, very windy, uphill, rain, junctions I need to be quick off the mark as dangerous and no pre warm. The worst conditions for the car. If the batteries were sentient they’d be crying.

I was watching a vlog on electric cars and they say 3.5miles/KWh is the average to expect with normal driving with any electric car.

Got ya! I plan to precondition it as much as possible if I can get the app working

Then I'll drop little one off at nursery in it if raining as it's a short drive

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
Spent the day with the old man delivering Tesla’s.
All company cars ranging from £55k to £80k.
All are paying stupidly small amounts in company car tax for the value of cars.
Honestly not sure who’s footing the bill.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Spent the day with the old man delivering Tesla’s.
All company cars ranging from £55k to £80k.
All are paying stupidly small amounts in company car tax for the value of cars.
Honestly not sure who’s footing the bill.
The companies. Leases for these cars are not cheap. I do wonder if there is a little trade off with employees in terms of salary, a half way house? Then again if the employees previously had their fuel paid for by work then perhaps that is where the companies win back?

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
One guy mentioned his company is forecasting to save about 3k each on fuel on employees with a Tesla
Doesn’t seem like a huge saving IMO. He was only paying £280 a month for a fully loaded long range model 3.
was getting the £500 grant towards a £1k charge point install at his house.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
One guy mentioned his company is forecasting to save about 3k each on fuel on employees with a Tesla
Doesn’t seem like a huge saving IMO. He was only paying £280 a month for a fully loaded long range model 3.
was getting the £500 grant towards a £1k charge point install at his house.
If the lease itself is only £280 for a loaded model then he must be doing about 2,000 miles a year ?. That's a crazy low price for a car with that value.