The all things EV chat thread

stevied

Visit site
Very relevant 😁
My point was that there is already a pay per mile tax on ICE vehicles.

You may have missed my edit:
“Then the price of the fuel AND the Fuel duty is subject to VAT then a further 10.59p for VAT at 20 per cent on fuel duty”
Yes , i wonder how it can be transferred to EVs. Not easily I'd say

stevied

Visit site
New company car has officially been ordered but I don't have any kind of delivery date yet.
VW Tiguan 1.5 Tsi eHybrid R Line. Looking forward to driving it 👌
Hopefully this just about fits in with the thread topic 🤣
As long as youre not paying for the fuel id not worry about it. Hybrids are only any good if you charge them assuming it's a phev ? Otherwise you're just lugging batteries and a motor about .

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watched a youtube video today, found out about the Tesla app and how it shows the lifetime charging stats and battery health. Such a cool thing, DC charging isn't good for battery life, AC charging does much less damage. This is a game changer for me, going to start looking at Teslas even though I'm not keen on the interiors. Just need to find one that has been mainly charged at home.

Slow charging will always be better for long term battery life than fast charging.*
Home chargers do not do DC charging.

*Think about that when you charge your phone.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You said the infra was in place to collect ppm and it will only apply to EVs. You also said this a week or so ago too.
That is what was said on 5live at about 5:45 one morning last week.
As for tonight, read the 3 or so posts before my reply you are confused about.

stevied

Visit site
That is what was said on 5live at about 5:45 one morning last week.
As for tonight, read the 3 or so posts before my reply you are confused about.
No confusion , you said the same thing there too. That it will only apply to EVS and the infra is already in place to collect.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I think most modern cars do. Not sureof you're point though as its not a universal system and easily open to abuse. Just like odometers.
I’m sure if they wanted to charge by the millage there would be ways to have a universal app into a car to collect the required data on a hourly or daily/weekly basis