The album that rocked your world

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Following on from Which decade rocked your world? post, which is THE album that defined your youth, you know the one that started something, the one that sends goose pimples down your arms if you hear it now? For me of all the stuff I've heard the one that got me started on the music trail was A farewell to kings by Rush. That was the one that started me on a lifelong love of music.I was 15 the first time I heard it, blew me away.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
One, just one!? Oh dear.

Simple Minds - New Gold Dream. I was the only 'Minds' fan at school, not many kids my age were into them back then. It was all Duran Duran (Rio) though a pretty good album in itself, or Soft Cell, Heaven 17 etc.

Albums checks to U2 - Under A Blood Red Sky, Marillion - Real to Reel, Propaganda - A Secret Wish, ABC - Lexicon Of Love, Inxs - Listen Like Thieves, Heart - Bad Animals, Adam & The Ants, Kings Of The Wild Frontier.

DMC

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Couldnt pick just 1

The number of the Beast....................Iron Maiden
Heaven & Hell.................Black Sabbath
If You Want Blood...........AC/DC
Master of Puppets..............Metallica
Keeper of the 7 keys..............Helloween

there are many many more.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
3 ones spring to mind

Peter Frampton---------- Frampton Comes Alive
Thin Lizzie-------------- Live & dangerous
ACDC ------------------- Highway to Hell

God i wish I had some hair left so I could headbang properly

may have to borrow Imurgs wig :eek:

DMC

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
3 ones spring to mind

ACDC ------------------- Highway to Hell

God i wish I had some hair left so I could headbang properly

may have to borrow Imurgs wig :eek:

What no B.O.C. ???? :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Probably Misplaced Childhood by Marillion. I was already a big fan and met the group in a local pub while they were in Chessington (Barwell Studio near Cally HQ) rehearsing. There was a fair bit of hype surrounding the album in the music press (NME etc) and so the anticipation was huge. I wasn't disappointed and the live version was awesome. Fish and I have stayed mates since (never good for your health to go drinking with the Haddington Bear) and I still blast it out on the I-Pod regularly ont he way to and from work

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know this'll get slated, but for me, only 1 album brings back the memories. U2 - Joshua Tree. I'd always liked them but felt they were a bit unpolished...this album changed all that.

I must add though that Marillion - Misplaced Childhood (also, Homer) sent me veering off course into new genres....I love it still.

Not wishing to sound too indecisive, but I remember enjoying Guns n Roses - Appetite for destruction rather a lot too.....and don't even get me started on Depeche Mode - Violator.....fabulous.

Soane

Hacker
Visit site
I've never been tied down to one type of music or another but my earliest memories or of my parents listening to Thin Lizzy and Pink Floyd, now I the only two albums I have EVER listened to without stopping are 'Wish you were here' and 'Dark side of the Moon' - both give me goose-bumps.

B

birdieman

Probably Ten by Pearl Jam. That got played an awful lot. Nirvana got all the hype but I preferred PJ.

Closely followed by Harvest by Neil Young (brilliant chill out album), Angel Dust by Faith no More was a favourite for a long time and Superunknown by Soundgarden.

When I was younger Love by The Cult was fave album for a good while.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
3 ones spring to mind

ACDC ------------------- Highway to :

These are straight out of my old vinyl collection, and i've just spent the last 3 hours on youtube bringing back memories.
Rush, Santana, Frampton ( do you feel like i do. superb) ACDC, Led zep and many more.
Found some great Joe Cocker stuff , the guys voice is amazing.
If the weather is cack again tomorrow i can see the turntable coming out :D