Tees - how much?!

Canfordhacker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I haven't bought tees for a couple of years but running short. I just want regular wooden (bamboo?) 2 1/8 or 3 1/4 inch ones. But they are way more expensive than i remember - ~£7.50 for 120.

Am I just looking in the wrong places? I know it won't break the bank, but really?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
As I've mentioned before ...I'll never, ever, ever have to buy another tee if I keep finding them at the rate I do....
You're not looking hard enough on the tee box :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
I usually use plain white wooden tees, find them lying around everywhere.

However when the courses reopened after the first lockdown I started using a long plastic tee, because I figured it would be more durable and I wouldn’t need to pick up stray tees that other people had handled. I’ve used that tee for every practice round or casual game since, only using wooden tees for competitions (random superstition I know).

That is FOUR years. Surely that plastic tee has to be more sustainable than bamboo or another material!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I usually use plain white wooden tees, find them lying around everywhere.

However when the courses reopened after the first lockdown I started using a long plastic tee, because I figured it would be more durable and I wouldn’t need to pick up stray tees that other people had handled. I’ve used that tee for every practice round or casual game since, only using wooden tees for competitions (random superstition I know).

That is FOUR years. Surely that plastic tee has to be more sustainable than bamboo or another material!
More amazing that you haven't lost it to be honest.

sunshine

Visit site
More amazing that you haven't lost it to be honest.

I know, right? I think it’s the ribbed design means it doesn’t fly out of the ground. It’s always waiting for me to pick it up.

Attachments

• e78ca407-0300-42af-84b3-3f94558ca61d.jpeg
    e78ca407-0300-42af-84b3-3f94558ca61d.jpeg
    339.3 KB · Views: 9

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I found one of the white 3 inch ones with the yellow stripe..Pro-Tee?
Anyway, it has a strip of gaffa tape around it and........a nail from the top to, probably, halfway down..
I'll try and fish it out and get a picture...it's a quality piece of work that must have cost way more than the tee did originally