Taylormade Stealth

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In my opinion, these pro reviews are next to useless for the average player. The only way to find out if it works is to test it, whether that's off the shelf or under a fitting and compare to your current model. I've tried a few of the releases over the last two years and none have compared significantly better than my current model, certainly not to make me want to fork out close to £500

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In my opinion, these pro reviews are next to useless for the average player. The only way to find out if it works is to test it, whether that's off the shelf or under a fitting and compare to your current model. I've tried a few of the releases over the last two years and none have compared significantly better than my current model, certainly not to make me want to fork out close to £500

What driver do you have Homer?

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It certainly looks like a big step forward. A red face is a game changer for me, and the red flashes elsewhere and even on the head cover shows how hard their boffins have been working. I though the yellow in the R7 would be the pinnacle of driver evolution, but when they went white, I was awestruck. The R11 just screamed 'ALIGHNMENT!!!' to me. Then they upped the anti again to the light blue of the SLDR. I just wouldnt have thought it possible, and the gains were phenomenal. They sort of stalled, lets be honest, when it was back to yellow in the M of the M1. But pulled it out of the bag again with the rich metallic blue which I thought was the most fairway finding colour ever.
Until now. A red face. Who says golf drivers arent constantly evolving and worth upgrading to ?

You cant have it all though. Imagine a Stealth, with adjustable sole plate technology, with movable weights and slidable weights, and a white crown. With yellow flashes around it in an arc. Insert South park gif of Randy here.

Funt1m3

Visit site
It certainly looks like a big step forward. A red face is a game changer for me, and the red flashes elsewhere and even on the head cover shows how hard their boffins have been working. I though the yellow in the R7 would be the pinnacle of driver evolution, but when they went white, I was awestruck. The R11 just screamed 'ALIGHNMENT!!!' to me. Then they upped the anti again to the light blue of the SLDR. I just wouldnt have thought it possible, and the gains were phenomenal. They sort of stalled, lets be honest, when it was back to yellow in the M of the M1. But pulled it out of the bag again with the rich metallic blue which I thought was the most fairway finding colour ever.
Until now. A red face. Who says golf drivers arent constantly evolving and worth upgrading to ?

You cant have it all though. Imagine a Stealth, with adjustable sole plate technology, with movable weights and slidable weights, and a white crown. With yellow flashes around it in an arc. Insert South park gif of Randy here.
???? I’d love to be a fly on the wall in sone of these marketing meetings

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You can order a custom version of Stealth with other face colours (I like the green) and with a white framing band along the top of the face. More dough, though, natch.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can order a custom version of Stealth with other face colours (I like the green) and with a white framing band along the top of the face. More dough, though, natch.
An extra £100 though ?. Close to £600 for a driver!!!!

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

Of those mentioned, I believe yellow must be the longest.
If any manufacturer tries to market a driver as "lavender", I think I'll see through it.
As a rival for "Stealth", I've suggested to Callaway that they bring out an "In-your-face" driver. I've not heard back yet.
#lightgoldenrodyellow

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Of those mentioned, I believe yellow must be the longest.
If any manufacturer tries to market a driver as "lavender", I think I'll see through it.
As a rival for "Stealth", I've suggested to Callaway that they bring out an "In-your-face" driver. I've not heard back yet.
#lightgoldenrodyellow

They need a club face that gives feedback. If you nail it, it turns bright red. If you practically miss it, ice blue, and there is a spectrum in between. It could also have an Alexa style voice which says "Are you got to hit the ball sometime soon?" after a particularly weak effort.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
They need a club face that gives feedback. If you nail it, it turns bright red. If you practically miss it, ice blue, and there is a spectrum in between. It could also have an Alexa style voice which says "Are you got to hit the ball sometime soon?" after a particularly weak effort.
Dear God I hope the TM team aren't reading this.......can you imagine the Marketing fun they'd have with this. :ROFLMAO:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Let's face it though every one would say" that's out the middle and gone 300 yards plus"?