Taylormade Stealth

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Few pictures emerging of the new for 2022 TM "Stealth" driver. Looks a bit jazzy for my liking and I've not been overly impressed with the last few TM drivers. I'm a magpie and like to have a hit of most new clubs and while the TM irons are still decent the drivers haven't thrilled me. This one certainly looks a bit bold

1638822824172.jpeg

D

Deleted member 3432

Few pictures emerging of the new for 2022 TM "Stealth" driver. Looks a bit jazzy for my liking and I've not been overly impressed with the last few TM drivers. I'm a magpie and like to have a hit of most new clubs and while the TM irons are still decent the drivers haven't thrilled me. This one certainly looks a bit bold

View attachment 39832

A few pics are up on GolfWRX, the thing frankly looks disgusting

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Only thing that matters is how the face sits at address, and how it performs.

It’s different, so will have its detractors, probably the sort of people who choose their clubs based on what it looks like on a the rack. But I’m sure they will sell load of them.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was talking to my pro last weekend and he was saying that one of his fellow pros had been out in Spain for a testing event with Taylormade for the new driver.

He made some very bold claims about it being 20 years in the making and gains (20 yards?!) that the pros had seen. Apparently they wanted it in the bag now it was so good, but TM wouldn’t let them.

Anyway, I put all that down to TM marketing trying to generate some buzz and struggled to believe the distance bit of it in particular. I wouldn’t attach any significance to it as it’s all a bit Chinese whispers!

I like TM drivers, currently have an R15 and will be looking to get something new soon, but probably do what I usually do and just get a slightly newer one than i currently have, but still a couple of years old!

Last edited:

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I was talking to my pro last weekend and he was saying that one of his fellow pros had been out in Spain for a testing event with Taylormade for the new driver.

He made some very bold claims about it being 20 years in the making and gains (20 yards?!) that the pros had seen. Apparently they wanted it in the bag now it was so good, but TM wouldn’t let them.

Anyway, I put all that down to TM marketing trying to generate some buzz and struggled to believe the distance bit of it in particular. I wouldn’t attach any significance to it as it’s all a bit Chinese whispers!

I like TM drivers, currently have an R15 and will be looking to get something new soon, but probably do what I usually do and just get a slightly newer one than i currently have, but still a couple of years old!

He's not the only one who's been saying this but once the likes of TXG get hold of it and do a like for like test vs this year's driver the jury will be out as to whether or not these rumours have any truth in them.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

with those gains, some golfers on here will be hitting 150 yards! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's not the only one who's been saying this but once the likes of TXG get hold of it and do a like for like test vs this year's driver the jury will be out as to whether or not these rumours have any truth in them.

Yes, I always take these rumours with a giant pinch of salt as the marketing machine will be in overdrive from now through to release and beyond.

Will be interesting to see how different the technology being deployed really is, and what the difference is from a data perspective.