Taylormade Stealth

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I was talking to my pro last weekend and he was saying that one of his fellow pros had been out in Spain for a testing event with Taylormade for the new driver.

He made some very bold claims about it being 20 years in the making and gains (20 yards?!) that the pros had seen. Apparently they wanted it in the bag now it was so good, but TM wouldn’t let them.

Anyway, I put all that down to TM marketing trying to generate some buzz and struggled to believe the distance bit of it in particular. I wouldn’t attach any significance to it as it’s all a bit Chinese whispers!

I like TM drivers, currently have an R15 and will be looking to get something new soon, but probably do what I usually do and just get a slightly newer one than i currently have, but still a couple of years old!

As we've been hearing and seeing with our own eyes for the last 10 years or so, all of the driver limits have been maxed out so I'd love to know how they've found an extra 20 yards that none of the other manufacturers have.

Maybe it's a secret new colour?
Maybe it's a new twist shaft?
Or maybe it's 20 yards over the driver they had at the start of their 20 year development programme?

Whatever it is, I'm 99% certain that it will be bull:poop:.

D

Deleted member 15344

No idea why people are bothered about the face looks - can’t recall ever seeing a face when addressing the ball , the top is what matters if your bothered by looks.

I have the sim and it’s a stunning driver - haven’t hit anything better , I’ll give the new one a go to see if I get any gains - if not then will stick with the Sim

There is also a new Callaway Rogue , Cobra , Ping and Titliest driver out this year - looks like it’s yearly for all OEMs now

Pin-seeker

Visit site
No idea why people are bothered about the face looks - can’t recall ever seeing a face when addressing the ball , the top is what matters if your bothered by looks.

I have the sim and it’s a stunning driver - haven’t hit anything better , I’ll give the new one a go to see if I get any gains - if not then will stick with the Sim

There is also a new Callaway Rogue , Cobra , Ping and Titliest driver out this year - looks like it’s yearly for all OEMs now
Do you care what the exterior of a car looks like when buying one? ?‍♂️?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As we've been hearing and seeing with our own eyes for the last 10 years or so, all of the driver limits have been maxed out so I'd love to know how they've found an extra 20 yards that none of the other manufacturers have.

Maybe it's a secret new colour?
Maybe it's a new twist shaft?
Or maybe it's 20 yards over the driver they had at the start of their 20 year development programme?

Whatever it is, I'm 99% certain that it will be bull:poop:.

I guess it can only be the material being used in the face (carbon rather than titanium?) and the knock on impact that comes with being able to redistribute the weight that is saved. They can’t make a titanium face any hotter than it already is, but could a carbon face be hotter and still within the limits? Presumably not as the limit is set based on the COR…. [EDIT: or perhaps not, I found this an interesting read: https://mygolfspy.com/no-driver-distance-isnt-maxed-out/]

I agree with you that it sounds far fetched. Time will tell!

Last edited:

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Wonder if it’ll be really quiet ?

Inaudible to the human hear. Its main target is player who want to be sneaky-long.

Main weakness looks like a lack of dial-in. With previous TM ranges you were given up to 1yd adjustable accuracy which is more than enough to ensure you never miss a fairway. So this looks like a step backwards. Add in that it isn't white to aid alignment, and it looks like quite a hobbled offering. But yes, if quiet is your main priority off the tee, then it will suit some people.

sunshine

Visit site
Looks very Nike. Especially the writing on the bottom.

Do I care? No. The crown is fairly muted and TM recent drivers have all been very good.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
post-17094-0-14895100-1422298101_thumb.jpg

If only someone could marry up that face with this head.