Taylormade Stealth

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yes I do agree, I tell lots of people they'd be better having lessons than buying new kit. I'm going to be testing before committing to keeping it.

I'm having lessons at the moment trying to get my handicap down as low as possible. Whilst I know that new clubs won't do this I just like having new clubs and whilst I have the money to buy them I think why not.
I suspect you've got a swing and the speed to see similar gains to what the Pros are seeing...a few mph ball speed improvement, maybe better control of the spin..
Would you expect a more average player to see gains over a SiM2..?
The only thing, I think, that they'll get is a bit more from off centre strikes and even that will be marginal
A driver that's 4 or 5 years old and not fitted - different story though..

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
I suspect you've got a swing and the speed to see similar gains to what the Pros are seeing...a few mph ball speed improvement, maybe better control of the spin..
Would you expect a more average player to see gains over a SiM2..?
The only thing, I think, that they'll get is a bit more from off centre strikes and even that will be marginal
A driver that's 4 or 5 years old and not fitted - different story though..

Yes I currently average around 165mph ball speed with my SIM2 but can get up to the low 170's if I go after one. From what I've seen and read you need to be a faster swinger to get the increase in ball speed so I doubt the average golfer would see much of a gain but they may be more consistent with the Stealth as it seems to be better on off centre strikes.

Absolutely correct on the 4/5 year old non fitted driver, I would imagine a decent gain with the new drivers.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really can't believe how gullible some people are........................................................ :rolleyes:

OK. If you can consistantly middle the shot every time (i.e. a very low H/Capper) you may get a small benefit but, the rest of us hackers ??? save your £500. If you feel you must spend it, have a couple of lessons and give the rest to your captain's charity. You, your Pro and the charity may all be winners.