Spikeless Golf Shoes - Help/Advice

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Problem with gold shoes is most of themook like they've been designed by either schoolchildren or the football department.

Used to swear by Ecco's , but haven't liked their designs recently.

I have a pair of these in white. The boost sole really works and I ne er walk off with aching feet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adidas-A...2312bdc39:g:1DYAAOSwGhRe0VZ6&var=622225787090

Accepting also that looks are subjective and many might find my choice minging too !!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Check out the Rife range of shoes in AG, they look good and appear to be good VFM.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve had 3 pairs of SL’s, all didn’t last 12 months, they all leaked, in not excessive wet weather, sometimes not in actual rain, just walking in wet wet grass, and I still got wet feet! The sole on 1 pair developed a fault, I’ve seen that fault reported by others on here also. They [were] very comfortabl, but I expect more than 1 season use!

I wore my S3’s in torrential rain on Wednesday, I still had excellent grip and my feet were bone dry ?
The last pair of Footjoys I had were rubbish as well. Ok they weren't the top of the line ones, but I was still a bit miffed that they barely lasted a season before leaking like sieves. Decided I wouldn't buy FJ again after that.

Sekiro

Visit site
I tried on the Ecco S-Three and the Footjoy Pro SL, going against what I would have chosen from the online images/reviews I actually preferred the Ecco’s.

Nothing against the FJ Pro SL’s, they were comfortable but just seemed to feel BIG when on and looked more cumbersome when next to just about anything else that they had in stock (aside from the Puma RS which were in their own league of ridiculous). They weren’t a bad shoe by any means but possibly not what I expected or was looking for. The Ecco S-Three’s by comparison just seemed the better shoe in general, they were more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing and didn’t have the same physical presence that the Footjoy‘s had.

I guess my question now is, aside from physical appearance, Men’s; White/Blue/Orange // Women’s; White/Black/Black is there any difference between the shoes as I’ve found the women’s online for just over £100 when the men’s are retailing at almost £170?

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have Ecco spikeless ... very comfortable. Recommended. The good thing about Ecco is that they do wide fittings that really are wide ... I have feet like a duck.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Another fan of Ecco Bioms here.
I also have several pairs of FJ 'Professionals' - including the white pair I used today with only a problem when swinging while standing on a gravel path (so my own fault!).
The FJ's, particularly, are great for use as sneakers generally.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've bought 3 pairs of Adidas adipure. Top quality materials. Very comfortable.

I have them on rotation so they dont get battered. Have a feeling they could last years.

Brown, navy and grey. Mint :)

Sekiro

Visit site
I've bought 3 pairs of Adidas adipure. Top quality materials. Very comfortable.

I have them on rotation so they dont get battered. Have a feeling they could last years.

Brown, navy and grey. Mint :)

Just googled “Adidas Adipure” and instantly thought that you’d be popular with the grounds keeper wearing them on his greens lol... adding “golf” to the search though and they are one of the better golf shoes I’ve seen so far with a nice simplistic styling (not a world away from the Artisan Labs I own), I like that they have a more classical look and could even see me wearing them off the golf course, they seem to be available at good prices too which is a win-win!

sunshine

Visit site
I tried on the Ecco S-Three and the Footjoy Pro SL, going against what I would have chosen from the online images/reviews I actually preferred the Ecco’s.

Nothing against the FJ Pro SL’s, they were comfortable but just seemed to feel BIG when on and looked more cumbersome when next to just about anything else that they had in stock (aside from the Puma RS which were in their own league of ridiculous). They weren’t a bad shoe by any means but possibly not what I expected or was looking for. The Ecco S-Three’s by comparison just seemed the better shoe in general, they were more comfortable, more aesthetically pleasing and didn’t have the same physical presence that the Footjoy‘s had.

I guess my question now is, aside from physical appearance, Men’s; White/Blue/Orange // Women’s; White/Black/Black is there any difference between the shoes as I’ve found the women’s online for just over £100 when the men’s are retailing at almost £170?

Women generally have more slender feet than men so the shoes are much narrower. Hope you chose the right pair!

Sekiro

Visit site
Women generally have more slender feet than men so the shoes are much narrower. Hope you chose the right pair!

I bought the men’s, I did consider the Women’s simply because I had initially found them for cheaper but I ended up finding a pair of the men’s for £119 so went with that. Should be here before the weekend so I’ll have a chance to wear them to the range on Friday and then out on the course Sunday.

I’ve got fairly small feet (size 7) so usually women’s come up when I search for shoes by size anyway lol :ROFLMAO:

sunshine

Visit site
I don’t follow this synopsis. I wear [classic] Adidas trainers, but I’ve never got on with Adidas golf shoes other than the Gripmore, which I still have. Most have leaked, most were a narrow fit so were uncomfortable as they didn’t do a wide fit. Some were poorly designed and banned as they left indentations on greens, and the list goes on!

Again I’ve had Puma trainers but can’t get into Puma golf shoes, they’re the narrowest shoes I’ve ever known!

I think the 2 styles are chalk & cheese as they are targeted and made for very different uses.

So what you are saying is you bought shoes the wrong size, they didn't fit properly, and so you didn't like them. Adidas do a wide fit and a narrow fit, so do Puma, maybe try the right size next time?

To be honest, I've not been too happy with the quality of the waterproofing of adidas shoes. I've had a couple of pairs that started leaking literally the first round after the 1 year warranty expired.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...3-Approach-Golf-Shoes-Grey-Blue.html#SID=2546

I just bought these.. played 2 rounds in them.. most comfortable shoe ive ever worn
Thanks for that. I've just ordered a pair. I was looking for a new pair of Spikeless shoes and I like my current Skechers GoGolf softspikes.

Skechers used to stink after wearing them 2-3 times. Haven't been back since. If you have feet that emit any smell stay way clear.
I've never had a problem with them. I wear Skechers shoes, trainers and boots. And for the golf shoes, 5 hours of wear and absolutely fine, even in hot weather. Maybe it's you. ;):whistle::giggle:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for that. I've just ordered a pair. I was looking for a new pair of Spikeless shoes and I like my current Skechers GoGolf softspikes.

I've never had a problem with them. I wear Skechers shoes, trainers and boots. And for the golf shoes, 5 hours of wear and absolutely fine, even in hot weather. Maybe it's you. ;):whistle::giggle:

Tomorrow will be interesting playing on a course thats been rained on all day so will see if they any good